Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FBI Background Check delayed?

Default Re: FBI Background Check delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by ShareBear View Post
    Hey Verbatim, my prints were also rejected. I was looking into getting my prints digitally done but my coordinator is worried that the results will come back as a state background check not a federal background check. Apparently she has had issues with this before. My consulate is in Detroit so I don't know if it is an issue that people have who are from Michigan, but I am from Ohio and my police department clearly has checks for BCI (state background) and FBI. Either way, I am kind of wary of doing them digitally because of what she has told me but I want to make sure my prints will be visible the next time around. Does anyone know if the FBI accepts digital finger prints that were then printed out on a finger print card? If I can do that, I may do that to ensure that my prints are legible.

Also does anyone know what happens if the second prints I get are illegible and I am already in Japan at this point? I have already done the state background check.
    Mine were done digitally. According to the clerk who does them, the only place you could be printed with ink is if you were sent to prison. The machine also does a quality check on the print scans as soon as they're done, so there should be less of a chance of the prints being rejected...

Default Re: FBI Background Check delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    Mine were done digitally. According to the clerk who does them, the only place you could be printed with ink is if you were sent to prison. The machine also does a quality check on the print scans as soon as they're done, so there should be less of a chance of the prints being rejected...
    I went to my local PD and they did ink prints for 5$ lol. I was worried they'd be rejected because I heard digital was more reliable, but mine went through fine and were just received by the consulate.

Also, someone on the FB page currently on JET said they had their prints rejected 2 or 3 times while OVER in Japan before they finally took... so they definitely won't say you can't go or anything if everything's not in by the end of the month!