Thread: Interac Application Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Interac Application Help

Hi,

This is my first post here. I hope somebody will be able to help me as this issue has started to cause some concern to me.

I applied for an ALT position with Interac during the first week of March. My application was submitted successfully and I received an automatic email saying it would be reviewed. After one week of waiting I phoned them and the lady said she had just reviewed my application and an email for a phone interview would be sent. So I waited another full week and nothing happened. So the second time I phoned and the same lady said she would check to make sure it would be sent, so I have waited yet another week. But still I have received nothing...

I checked my junk email and double checked to make sure my email on the application was written correctly, which it was otherwise I wouldn't have received the application confirmation email in the first place. I have read on this forum and other places that Interac usually responds with an offer for a phone interview fairly quickly [1 week max?]. However I have not received any email and its now roughly three weeks since.

I am planning on phoning them for third time but I am getting worried, has anyone else had similar delays for the UK applications process? What should I ask on the phone for third time? I am polite and patient but I feel like I need to be a bit forceful as I don't want to be sitting around April waiting for the one email to arrive but then on the other hand I don't know what the delay is for so I don't want to sound rude to them and ruin my chances. Any help?

Default Re: Interac Application Help

Hello, my application wasn't responded to for about 6 or 7 weeks and some wording on the auto generated email pretty much said 'if you don't hear from us, you've been unsuccessful' so when I heard from them it was a pleasant, unexpected suprise.

Honestly, if you ring them again, be prepared for the potential negative consequences. A desperate candidate might show as a red flag to your application. If they said they'd be in touch, it might be best to wait it out - honestly, it took me ages to get that first telephone invitation.

I waited about a month and a half for a response for a phone interview... Give it some time, there's no rush really.
    Wait another week or two then message/email them I say.

Thanks for all your support, I got the email in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Muneeb-A View Post
    Thanks for all your support, I got the email in the end.
    There you go! And you still look cool as a cucumber! I hope your application goes well.

Muneeb! Small world! We interviewed together! How are you doing man? Heard back yet?