Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quitting JET (the horror)

Default Re: Quitting JET (the horror)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    What paperwork are you talking about?
    For me, tax stuff, for them not quite sure.

I just want to say that I agree with the those who are telling you to get out of Dodge. It seems like you and your BOE do not/did not have a great relationship anyway, so don't worry about your mending fences too much since you weren't going to get a reference letter anyway. It sounds like you've found a decent job which you're actually excited about, so go and follow that dream. And don't worry about burning down a bridge with your BOE because there is little sense in shutting the stable doors when the horses have already bolted.

Secondly, you are screwing over your BOE, but only a little. Quite frankly, ATLs aren't exactly linchpins in the Japanese education system and I think they'll survive just fine without you for a term or they'll try to find an early departure jet to come and replace you.

Also, please don't take my effort to use as many cliches as I could as a lack of sincerity. I am just tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    I just want to say that I agree with the those who are telling you to get out of Dodge. It seems like you and your BOE do not/did not have a great relationship anyway, so don't worry about your mending fences too much since you weren't going to get a reference letter anyway. It sounds like you've found a decent job which you're actually excited about, so go and follow that dream. And don't worry about burning down a bridge with your BOE because there is little sense in shutting the stable doors when the horses have already bolted.

Secondly, you are screwing over your BOE, but only a little. Quite frankly, ATLs aren't exactly linchpins in the Japanese education system and I think they'll survive just fine without you for a term or they'll try to find an early departure jet to come and replace you.

Also, please don't take my effort to use as many cliches as I could as a lack of sincerity. I am just tired.

We are actually on much better terms than when I first told them. I think it finally sunk in. So now, I`m wondering if in the next few weeks we are on better terms, if I can ask them about pension stuff...
    If not, I have an American friend who said she would be my tax rep.
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Probably too late to get an early departure ALT now. They should be shipping out this week... So they'll go 3 months without an ALT.

I'm curious to see how this ended

Probably in suicide.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Probably in suicide.
    So we can say with certainty that they're in a better place now

Quote Originally Posted by OatsCurrySummer View Post
    So we can say with certainty that they're in a better place now
    yes

I hope op just straight up left, but he seems like a weeaboo so I doubt it

Can't remember this thread from 1st time round. Mildly entertaining.

OP sounded like a neurotic tool and the "dream job" a scam, no doubt it got entertaining.