Thread: leopalace no visitors for more than one week!

Default leopalace no visitors for more than one week!

So today at training we got told we weren't allowed visitors to stay in our apartment for more than one week. My boyfriend has already booked flights to visit next week for two weeks. Had a frantic look for hotels in the area and they're either fully booked or really expensive.
    Has anyone else had people stay for longer than a week?
    Thanks

Default Re: leopalace no visitors for more than one week!

Why not have him spend a week with you, one night in a hotel, then the rest with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

If anyone asks, just say he's your pet.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

How can anyone prove he's been there that long? Unless they have cameras/neighbors tracking your movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    How can anyone prove he's been there that long? Unless they have cameras/neighbors tracking your movements.
    Japanese neighbors are the best home security on the planet.

But in all honesty, the strategy of "there for one week, gone for a day and back for a week" strategy is pretty weak. People will get angry about it. But as long as he's not seen entering and exiting too much it shouldn't be awful. Maybe make his scarce for two or three days or something so that none of the people watching the door see him enter for a couple days. Then bring him back.

Those rules are BOE rules, not Leopalace rules. Usually the apartment is rented in their name, and these rules are in place because long term visitors will be seen as stiffing the BOE on rent. If your Leopalace is full of ALTs, tell them snitches get stiches, and all will be fine. If your neighbors are all Japanese, just be careful about leaving and entering. I don't know if people are that obsessed with you that they'll watch your door every day just to make sure you don't have guests staying for more than a week. I think it'd only be a big deal if you live near students, and one of them sees a strange foreign dude going in your apartment.

There was one ALT here years ago who had her boyfriend come stay for 90 days at a time. Her apartment was in a different building from everyone else, so BOE people never went by there.

Ahh, yeah then fight on OP. I hate those workplace restrictions that follow you into your own home.

Thanks for all the input! yeah he'll have work to do so I'll tell him to either stay in or out, I'm sure it'll be ok, it's just if it does cause a fuss it won't be a very good first impression! I do respect this job i just had no idea this rule existed!

Quote Originally Posted by coop52 View Post
    Those rules are BOE rules, not Leopalace rules. Usually the apartment is rented in their name, and these rules are in place because long term visitors will be seen as stiffing the BOE on rent. If your Leopalace is full of ALTs, tell them snitches get stiches, and all will be fine. If your neighbors are all Japanese, just be careful about leaving and entering. I don't know if people are that obsessed with you that they'll watch your door every day just to make sure you don't have guests staying for more than a week. I think it'd only be a big deal if you live near students, and one of them sees a strange foreign dude going in your apartment.

There was one ALT here years ago who had her boyfriend come stay for 90 days at a time. Her apartment was in a different building from everyone else, so BOE people never went by there.
    Firstly, the bold part is hilarious. Secondly, why would the BOE people come to the apartments? Is that normal? My BOE doesn't GAF what I do so long as I come to work on time looking somewhat well dressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

oh johnny...... so innocent....I have some fabulous investment opportunities in Alaskan ice if you are intrested.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.