Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 2015 JET Alternates Thread

Default Re: 2015 JET Alternates Thread

Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna.Mod View Post
    Joining the party a bit late, but I just got upgraded a few days ago and am the very last upgrade of the 2015 programme. Feeling like my head is going to implode at the thought of selling my apartment, quitting my job, cancelling my phone contract and switching around my (already booked) vacation to Thailand in the next two weeks, but hi! Great to meet you all, and thank you for providing so much helpful advice throughout this thread. No idea where I'm going to be placed, but I hope I'll be able to make a few friends despite my late arrival.
    Welcome to the world of December upgrades, where you have to light your life and career on fire before boarding an airplane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Welcome to the world of December upgrades, where you have to light your life and career on fire before boarding an airplane.
    I am going to use that in my signature because truer words have scarce been uttered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

At the risk of sounding noobish or seeming like I've not done any research, I have a question: why are there a few 2015 applicants who are getting notice of their placements now? I was under the impression that notice of acceptance is given in April, and that there is early departure around April, and late departure in July/August. Did I miss something?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

They are being upgraded from the very end of the 2015 alternate set to replace people who left quickly, broke contract quickly, or have recently left. There won't be any more placements from now until April for early departures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

So those who were wait-listed? I never realized that the waiting period extended that long. Screaming internally as I watch my carefully laid out plans explode.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenParadox View Post
    So those who were wait-listed? I never realized that the waiting period extended that long. Screaming internally as I watch my carefully laid out plans explode.
    Yep. I was given my notice first week in December for an upgrade for Tokushima-ken. I believe the latest you can be upgraded is the second week of December though. So it isn't hopeless if you are put on the alternate list.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingHead View Post
    A perfect representation of who I am.

A cold, dead fish.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlee22 View Post
    an upgrade for Tokushima-ken.
    Tokushima-ken for the win!

I am so NOT going to Naruto though.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

At the risk of sounding noobish or seeming like I've not done any research, I have a question: why are there a few 2015 applicants who are getting notice of their placements now? I was under the impression that notice of acceptance is given in April, and that there is early departure around April, and late departure in July/August. Did I miss something?
    Yeah I could not believe I actually got upgraded from the waitlist at the beginning of December, I gave up hope after September and got on with my life. So, never lose hope I guess, because I thought my interview was a real shit show.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Oh my dear Raven, you have no idea, lol. I was part of a group of individuals who was told we were shortlisted, then told it was a clerical error and we were really all alternates. It's fun telling others you are going to Japan, then telling them you are not, then explaining you might leave the country at a moments notice...but probably not, lol. XD

At any rate, the cutoff for alternates was the 2nd week of December. We got an official email basically saying "Sorry, but better luck next time!" Although speaking to the coordinator, there were so few alternates this year (fewer and fewer every year, supposedly) that most of us would probably make it all the way to interviews, no sweat, if we reapplied. And from what I've seen on the site, alternates reapplying and making it the 2nd or 3rd time isn't uncommon....so hooray for the unpredictability of life!(?)