Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Background Check shiz

Default Background Check shiz

Applicant Information form stuffs. Pardon my derp-ness.

Do I mail the results to myself and then send them to my consulate office, or do I mail the results straight to the consulate office? My email instructions were terribly vague (non-existent) and I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Default Re: Background Check shiz

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 8.33.23 PM.png
    This is what was included on my instruction sheet for the FBI background check.

Edit// Obviously yours would be a different address, if you aren't also applying through the Houston consulate.
    Last edited by taysukidesu; March 31st, 2015 at 10:34.

In the second one, I'm 90% sure you put the Chicago consulate's info so the results go straight there. The email was vague I agree lol. Read the FAQ, it goes into more depth! And then when you submit the online FBI check application, make a copy and send it to the consulate with your reply form. :

Yeah, mines said to put the Chicago consulate address. I hoped we could submit the whole thing online, but nope. Gotta mail it in. I'm planning to get my fingerprinting tomorrow. I want to mail this thing out ASAP.

My background check went straight to the consulate. I never even had confirmation that it was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasylife View Post
    Yeah, mines said to put the Chicago consulate address. I hoped we could submit the whole thing online, but nope. Gotta mail it in. I'm planning to get my fingerprinting tomorrow. I want to mail this thing out ASAP.
    I thought it was processed electronically and then the results just go to the consulate once they're done?

And then we print a copy and send it with the reply form. Am I missing something? This whole background check thing is making me dizzy ahhh.
    Last edited by weepinbell; March 31st, 2015 at 10:42.

Thanks folks. Problem solved
    Getting fingerprints tomorrow after work.

Like I said, i'm a derp. Let's not forget I got no sleep last night, haha.
    Last edited by ambrosse; March 31st, 2015 at 10:40.

I didn't see an option to submit online. It only directed me to download the application form. Lemme check again just to make sure.

Oh wow, I have not received any of these things yet. Were they included in your decisions email, or are they located somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasylife View Post
    I didn't see an option to submit online. It only directed me to download the application form. Lemme check again just to make sure.
    JK I see what you mean. We have to send the application through the mail TO the FBI address at the bottom.... and then they'll just mail the results to JIC. yeah, I'm gonna get those fingerprints ASAP.

Where are the most common places to do that? Police dept?

imo this is probably something to email the consulate and ask.

last year, we were supposed to get the background checks mailed to ourselves, and then send them to the consulate with the health check form and final transcripts. it probably varies by consulate, and it's probably different now that the background check procedures are changing, so the best thing you can do is shoot off an email asking.

ESID, after all.
    Last edited by Cbill1; March 31st, 2015 at 10:43.

You have to mail an APPLICATION in to the FBI. After this, the RESULTS are mailed directly to the consulate.

Your best bet (and most simple) is to find out if the police department in your city does fingerprinting. My city does fingerprinting at the main PD office every Wednesday.
    Last edited by taysukidesu; March 31st, 2015 at 10:45.

Chicago says to mail results to Chicago.
    The want a COPY of the Applicant Information form as proof that you applied.

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Send the results directly to your consulate. Your coordiNator should have provided you an address with the instructions.

Although with the backlog, i seriously doubt anyone will have their results by the june deadline.

Chaos is coming!

Lol, thanks MC.
    I'm just an idiot who can't read sometimes. I got it all squared away.
    Should be sending the application and fingerprints to the FBI peeps on Wednesday

Chaos is indeed coming, haha. But it'll get worked out

I had my fingerprints done at a much more local police supply store, which also had better days/hours if you`re working a typical 9-5. They knew exactly what I needed and what a good fingerprint set looked like, too.

As far as fingerprinting goes, if you find digital fingerprinting - like the ones most police stations use - you should be just fine. The FBI sets out standards that the digital machine can check against to make sure you got good prints. And it doesn't hurt when the person doing them has done hundreds before and knows exactly what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    As far as fingerprinting goes, if you find digital fingerprinting - like the ones most police stations use - you should be just fine. The FBI sets out standards that the digital machine can check against to make sure you got good prints. And it doesn't hurt when the person doing them has done hundreds before and knows exactly what to do.
    I don't know how true this is. When I had to do my background check for teaching in the States I had to have it done 2 times (digital). I have a weird skin disease that eats my fingerprints off sometimes. It happens during the summer, and that's when I had to have it done. I went in, they took the prints and they failed (I took a week to notify me). Did it again after my hands healed and it worked fine.

To be fair though, I don't think that lady had a clue.

Ugh, I don't have any of the forms yet. ATL consulate says they will email the forms by the end of the week but I wish I could get started on the FBI background check now.

I'm in the same boat with waiting on forms, but I think we could go ahead and get a head start on fingerprints from the FBI background check forms online, since there's the potential for it to be crazy to schedule those with local police stations.

Out of curiosity, do the forms mention anything about sending in additional id photos for the visa application? I got some done for Interac when I was applying to them as a back-up, but I'm curious if they have the same specifications (smaller than a US passport photo, etc).