Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Background Check shiz

Banned

Default Re: Background Check shiz

My point is that JET isn't going to be like "sorry bro, outta luck." It's a known thing. By all means do whatever you're going to do, but stressing out at all about paperwork not going in on time because of backlogs that have nothing to do with you is hassle you don't need in your life. It would not at all surprise me if they decided to waive the state background check for everybody and just wait on the federal ones to arrive when they arrive. ~900 state background checks to process would be an annoyance the coordinators don't need on top of their already overfull plates.

Yeah, my coordinator is super aware of the backup, and I'm sure everyone else's is, too. They can't just say bye to 90% of their JETs if no one's background checks are getting processed because of delays that are out of everyone's hands lol.

Oh, weepinbell, your profile pic! It really speaks to me.

On the fingerprint card for the FBI background check, it asks for employer name and address. Should I put my current employer's address? Or do I put JET's (in this case, the ATL consulate)? God, I feel so stupid for asking but I'm just paranoid when it comes to government forms.

Chicago told us to leave the "Employer and Address" and "Reason" blank, but I would consult your own consulate just in case.

Did anyone else send their FBI stuff certified? I let the post office lady talk me into it since I already had postage on the evelope and certified was a little cheaper than priority. However, since certified needs a signature, it's been sitting at the post office since Monday... anyone else's tracking showing up like this? I can't tell if it's a product of it being certified or of it just not having been picked up yet.

And my certified stuff to Chicago might have been lost in the mail, but that's another story... reports have been filed, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'm just really frustrated because I haven't gotten any updates on either of them for a few days... Just wondering if anyone is having a similar experience, particularly with the FBI thing. It's really frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by naginataonthebrain View Post
    On the fingerprint card for the FBI background check, it asks for employer name and address. Should I put my current employer's address? Or do I put JET's (in this case, the ATL consulate)? God, I feel so stupid for asking but I'm just paranoid when it comes to government forms.
    I didn't put anything. The lady who took my prints said I just needed to sign it. Hope that's okay. Google tells me potential employer.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosse View Post
    Chicago told us to leave the "Employer and Address" and "Reason" blank, but I would consult your own consulate just in case.
    Whoops, I already wrote "Plan to work in another country (Japan)" as my reason. ATL didn't go into detail about how we should fill this out. I'm gonna call the police department and get their view on it.

Professional Fun Killer hypatia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    Oh, weepinbell, your profile pic! It really speaks to me.
    It's really fantastic, I must agree. I actually found this series (sushi cats) in a gachapon machine randomly. They're adorable. This is the one that I won.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428522069.093476.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    If you're expecting standards, you're in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    The key to ALT work is to have 0 expectations and a terrible work ethic

Quote Originally Posted by hypatia View Post
    It's really fantastic, I must agree. I actually found this series (sushi cats) in a gachapon machine randomly. They're adorable. This is the one that I won.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428522069.093476.jpg
    Thanks guys! I'll be real, I have really high expectations for the amount of sushi I will eat and amount of cats I will pet in Japan. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Okay, that is seriously too cute, I want one...

Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    Thanks guys! I'll be real, I have really high expectations for the amount of sushi I will eat and amount of cats I will pet in Japan. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Okay, that is seriously too cute, I want one...
    Yessssss. I have this cool guy on my desk - one of my coworkers brought him back from Japan.

cat.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    I really hope Japan doesn't turn me into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riza View Post
    Can anyone from the UK confirm whether or not they are getting their ICPC check sent straight to the embassy or if you are collating them with the health check form first?
    I ordered mine to be sent back to me so I can post it with my health check form, I didn't realise that it should be sent straight to the embassy, hopefully this isn't a big deal.

Had the worst realisation this morning when I realised i left my signed photo on the side and didn't include it in my ICPC hopefully I can send it to the police separately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by naginataonthebrain View Post
    Last year I filled out the fingerprint card in its entirety; address, SSN, sex, race, height, weight, etc. For the "employer and address", I accidently put my employers address and not the address of the fingerprinting place. But, everything worked out fine!

I submitted my background check application in a large envelope with only the request form, credit card form and the fingerprint card. I was nervous that three pieces of paper would get bent just from being held so I cut a manilla folder to fit snug in the large envelope and mailed it like that. Now typing this I forgot to put a sticker on the envelope this year saying "DO NOT BEND". Oh well. I have a second fingerprint card just in case I need to use that instead.

I know my FBI results showed up at the embassy last year somewhere between April 30, 2014 and June 3, 2014. So, what's that? A max of eight weeks to process or something like that.

Anyway, I just mailed mine for this year out yesterday actually. So, I think we're all going to be fine!
    2014 DC alternate
    2015 DC shortlist

<!-- Rant and update
    So it seems like I'll have to get a FBI background check as well. Possibly also one from RCMP. *sigh* I only have one day off and will have to get my international driver's permit application in along with my fingerprinting done this Wednesday... And also go pick up my passport from Windsor. *sigh*

I don't understand why Canadians were notified later and also has less time to submit their paperwork compared to you lovely Americans.
    -->

Well, at least the IDP is super easy to get.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x_stei View Post
    <!-- Rant and update
    So it seems like I'll have to get a FBI background check as well. Possibly also one from RCMP. *sigh* I only have one day off and will have to get my international driver's permit application in along with my fingerprinting done this Wednesday... And also go pick up my passport from Windsor. *sigh*

I don't understand why Canadians were notified later and also has less time to submit their paperwork compared to you lovely Americans.
    -->
    Why would you have to get an FBI background check? Have you spent that much time in the US in the last 5 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

^ yes. I have.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Well that sucks. Good luck with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    Well that sucks. Good luck with that!
    Thank you. I think it will be okay!