Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For the rejected.

Default Re: For the rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    I'm an homosexual transgendered person of color from mixed Asian descent bringing over my 3 partners and our 12 children. I have a long history of mental and physical health issues that require a very specific course of regular medication which can only be administered at 4 locations in the greater Tokyo area and my entire extended family is dying of terminal illnesses. I got accepted
    You'll be fine. I know of 9 ALTs from my consulate who got accepted who were homosexual, transgender people of mixed-Asian descent with several dependents who (including the ALTs) all had grave health issues and psychiatric conditions.

They're all doing well.
    Last edited by BifCarbet; April 4th, 2015 at 10:09.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by genkispirit View Post
    I was accepted, this was the approach that I took as well. Whenever they asked what I would do if X happened. I basically said, I'm representative of JET and that my responsibility is to my job first.
    Yeah, being an adult, or at least pretending to be one is a good way to score points in the interview. A lot of people seem to overlook that.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    Yeah, being an adult, or at least pretending to be one is a good way to score points in the interview. A lot of people seem to overlook that.
    Why do you think that?

I got the same question and answered roughly the same way. I'd actually be really surprised if anyone answered a work question like that with anything other than that they'd do what their supervisor asks of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCarter View Post
    Why do you think that?

I got the same question and answered roughly the same way. I'd actually be really surprised if anyone answered a work question like that with anything other than that they'd do what their supervisor asks of them.
    I was just talking about a childish attitude toward JET applications and interviews that is pretty common.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    I was just talking about a childish attitude toward JET applications and interviews that is pretty common.
    There are a lot of JET applicants for whom JET is a first 'real' job. Or at least a first 'real' interview/application process. And fast food/gas station attendant interviews don't count...

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    There are a lot of JET applicants for whom JET is a first 'real' job. Or at least a first 'real' interview/application process. And fast food/gas station attendant interviews don't count...
    Yes, like I said.
    車庫 B1F

I think you're looking way to into this Mike. It's only a job, they have a set number of positions to fill. Don't take it personal, if it was a medication thing you wouldn't have been chosen for interview, JET wouldn't waste time and money on a candidate they didn't see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk