Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Japan and Phones

Default Re: Japan and Phones

Yeah but 6S just came out, so I see why this person wouldn't wanna trash a new phone a year after getting it. I think it's arguably less stressful to get a 2-year sim plan and if you end up leaving before the contract is up you only owe like 1-2man in cancellation fees, versus paying off an entire phone on top of that that you prob can't even use at home.

I did the subsidized plan and I'm planning staying 2 years at least so I'm cool with it, but for people who don't know or are on the fence and already have a good unlocked phone from home, I say go for it.
    Last edited by weepinbell; November 26th, 2015 at 09:44.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Ini, I totally agree with ya, but the new mvno plans that are available are quite a bit cheaper than the standard subsidized plans available from the incumbent carriers. Especially given they fuck you for some "calling plan" bs and other malarkey that you can't cancel without destroying your phone subsidy.

Also the mvno have the old packet hodai of 7gb with slow speeds unlike the new ones which is 5(or 8 with a shared plan) and then charge you by the gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I'm still suspicious of mvno's..... Docomo has the fact they are everywhere going for them, Au has the girls in the orange miniskirts, softbank has the robot from rocky 3 working in its stores. What does DMM have apart from suspicious looking handsets from dodgy Chinese manufacturers and the ability to earn points you can redeem against your next adult DVD purchase?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

One advantage to using a foreign Iphone 6s over a Japanese iPhone 7 or whatever could be the lack of compulsory shutter sound. Sure it sounds creepy but I assume at least half of us are not creepers while on the bus.

y u takin pics on the bus creep