Thread: Ini has left the building. Permanently.

Default Ini has left the building. Permanently.

As I know some people who frequent the Applying forum do not always check the lounge, I am posting a link to a thread that may be of interest.

Ini has been removed from the site. Permanently.

ITIL JET Programme / Japan Forum
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Ini has left the building. Permanently.

Just to add - I will be taking a more active approach in this forum. Inappropriate posts will be immediately removed and an infraction will be issued.

Please be careful.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Mothy too? I think that's unfair. I can understand Ini (though I don't agree that he should've been banned), but banning mothy is extreme. While Ini was a troll through and through, mothy often contributed positively to the site (in applying too, not just the lounge). Sure, he was sarcastic and occasionally mean, but those aren't reasons to ban someone? Regardless, he was one of the best posters on this site. One less reason to visit.

He broke the applying rules. The infraction was issued.

If you don't want to visit any more , you're welcome to leave.

Edited to add: As you're no doubt aware, discussing moderation decisions in the public forum is not allowed. If you have a problem with a moderation decision, use the contact link at the bottom of the site.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; April 12th, 2015 at 06:31.

Banned

More like, Rex Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    More like, Rex Banner.
    lol. Awesome.

I for one welcome our returned overlord. BB, I want you to know that, as veteran poster, I can help by rounding up new posters to toil in your underground sugar mines.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...0/hailants.jpg

Wait, am still allowed to be silly in applying? I a man-child and should have this explained to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Edited out by user
    Last edited by AltDimension; April 13th, 2015 at 21:44. Reason: Answered my own question, sorry!

All hail the new Official Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    I really hope Japan doesn't turn me into this.

So much for permanently then.

Not that I mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dululu View Post
    Mine was sitting in an izakaya (the only foreigners) and absent-mindedly playing with this miniature Buddha.

The waitress came over 1 minute later she was back. Beers? No, we're ok. 1 minute later, back again looking angry.

Turns out the miniature buddha was the button thing to call the waitress over and I was pressing its head repeatedly.

At work at present so can't do a long detailed post but basically with the new ITIL being planned, the forum is going to get a reset. This includes all previous bans and moderators.
    Ini asked for a head start and got it.

Oooo, this sounds fun.
    Can my awful name get a reset?

I'll be honest and say it's unlikely we can allow everyone to change their existing usernames via some sort of settings page.
    However we will probably relax the rule on multiple accounts at the beginning to allow people to create a new username if they want.