19 48.72%
  • 3-5

6 15.38%
  • 5-7

2 5.13%
  • 7+

8 20.51%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current/former JETs: How many schools do/did you teach in?

Default Re: Current/former JETs: How many schools do/did you teach in?

I work at 6 schools. 1 JHS, 4 Elementary and 1 special education. My schedule is that I'm at the biggest elementary 3 days a month, and the other schools once amonth. And if I'm not at elementary/yougo I'm at my JHS.
    PDX->Hyogo | 3rd year

I have two possibilities of towns I'm going to be placed in, but it looks like I'll be teaching at between two to four schools. One placement is two ES and two JHS, and the other is either one ES and one JHS, or one JHS and two-three ES. It's hard to tell, as two of the elementary schools are not part of the village itself but rather somewhere between the village and the next city over.

The size of the schools is really small! The largest is 154 students, and the smallest is 18, and class sizes could be anywhere from 31 to three students. Luckily, it looks like none of my schools will be more than 20-30 minutes away from each other.

1 joint Junior High/Elementary school. I usually only teach JHS, but often spend my free time with my cute Elementary school students :3

It really depends on where you are placed. I was placed in a small mountain town that only has three schools (not counting the kindergarten). However, my boyfriend was placed in a town not far from me that has about 8 schools (used to be 10, but some combined into just 1 school here and there). He has to drive while I don't. It just depends on your placement. :]

I have 1 JHS and 3 ES, next year 2 of my elementaries are merging so it should streamline my schedule more
    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    Don't biro a swastika on your forehead the morning of the interview.