Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 136

Thread: Placement Map??

  1. #1

    Default Placement Map??

    One of my favorite things to look at every year while earning my degree before being JET eligible was to look at the Google Map the shortlisters made listing their placements and whether they were 1st/2nd/3rd or none placement requests. Is this still a thing? If so how and where can I get in on it. I always loved seeing those maps and looked forward to joining in when and if I was accepted into JET. Now that I suceeded in getting in I'd like to do it.

    If its not going on anymore since the official forum went down want to make an ITIL map of member placements. Just curious.
    Last edited by Sherlock; April 26th, 2015 at 02:19.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    I second this idea!

    One of the things that helped me decide of my placement preferences was being able to see if any JETs were actually placed in a particular area. I'd love to see where everyone this year is going!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 DC alternate
    2015 DC shortlist

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    It is a thing. There's one on fb. Weepinbell linked it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Can't wait to see this filled in!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Looking for some chaw acpc2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Looks neat! Can't wait till I find out where I am placed, any of my preferences would be great.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JestersJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    高知県
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    That's cool! I added myself to the map, 2015 ED

  8. #8
    Perpetually confused. johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    The only placement that would have been too hard for me was itsabird's placement. He was something like a three hour ferry ride from Okinawa, and the ferry only left so often. So any time he wanted to see the rest of Japan, it would take him a day just to get to Honshu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

  9. #9
    read half. react. BifCarbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    north of the strait
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    That's really rough, but I once spoke to someone in a similar situation (not nearly that far, but far) who had a pretty understanding and accommodating BOE. This person had 20 days of vacation, and was allowed to travel a bit without using vacation when school was out. Also had totally free housing.
    Last edited by BifCarbet; May 2nd, 2015 at 14:57.
    車庫 B1F

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    I too am an outer islander of Okinawa. Do not be discouraged if you get such a placement! I love it here most of the time. I am excited to see who else gets Okinawa placements this year.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Quote Originally Posted by Rythunder View Post
    I too am an outer islander of Okinawa. Do not be discouraged if you get such a placement! I love it here most of the time. I am excited to see who else gets Okinawa placements this year.
    You guys brought Ry out of lurking to give inaka Okinawa some props. It's beautiful. ;-;

  12. #12

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Quote Originally Posted by Rythunder View Post
    I too am an outer islander of Okinawa. Do not be discouraged if you get such a placement! I love it here most of the time. I am excited to see who else gets Okinawa placements this year.
    I think it could be kinda cool to get Okinawa as a placement. I feel like any placement has their positives and setbacks... with Okinawa, I'm sure you've got some seriously beautiful scenery.

  13. #13
    Looking for some chaw acpc2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Quote Originally Posted by weepinbell View Post
    I think it could be kinda cool to get Okinawa as a placement. I feel like any placement has their positives and setbacks... with Okinawa, I'm sure you've got some seriously beautiful scenery.
    The bottom half of the main island is an urban sprawl of ugly concrete buildings. But yeah the north and the smaller islands are really pretty. Just to be ready to endure some real heat on arrival.

  14. #14
    Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A depressingly cold place...
    Posts
    10,063

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    We used to have an okinawan on here for a while last year... but they were slowly going squirrelly and I think they may have jumped in the ocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

  15. #15
    Perpetually confused. johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    4,065

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    That's the person to whom I was referring. I might go crazy if I were him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

  16. #16
    Senior Member simplesam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Does anyone know when the actual placements will be announced or if anyone has started to receive them? I doubt it's the latter because I'm pretty sure I would have seen its all over the forum, lol.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Quote Originally Posted by simplesam View Post
    Does anyone know when the actual placements will be announced or if anyone has started to receive them? I doubt it's the latter because I'm pretty sure I would have seen its all over the forum, lol.
    I've heard people saying next 2 weeks. They told us mid-late May so that'd make sense.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    I was told late May to start of June.

  19. #19
    Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A depressingly cold place...
    Posts
    10,063

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    I was told tuesday....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Placement Map??

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    I was told tuesday....
    seriously?
    I have my money down for next week anyhow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •