Thread: Help! Wooden floor problem

Default Help! Wooden floor problem

Hello! I recently scratched my floor and was wondering the estimated costs for fixing 5 tiles worth. I don't want my landlord involved if possible. Thanks!

Default Re: Help! Wooden floor problem

Depends on a lot of things, but you probably don't hafta involve the landlord if you don't wanna. I did some repair work in my last house with some tools and materials from the local hardware store, and it must've worked well, 'cause I got my entire deposit back.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Yeah, I badly messed up some of my flooring. It's just cheap panels that can be snapped in and out though. I assume it's easy to fix.
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Thank you word and Johnny for your input! Word, I have a question. What were the tools that you used and was it difficult to do the repair? I think they may be easy pop out wooden panels, but I'm not actually sure.

For the problems I had? Sandpaper, cleaner, stain, and polish. I had these nice wooden posts and window sills that were completely cat-clawed (pretty deeply; the wood was quite soft). Also replaced shoji paper, wallpaper, fixed a glass cabinet door that'd fallen off its hinges, and filled in a bunch of thumbtack holes with toothpaste. I guess that involved a utility knife, glue, a screwdriver, etc. Just your standard home repair crap.

You're probably looking at laminate flooring; it's extraordinarily common in Japan as it's cheap and easy to install quickly. Just look up "laminate flooring repair" and you'll get all sorts of information! One of the guides will probably have something applicable to your particular situation. You don't necessarily need a lot of woodworking equipment. Hell, they sell these brown "crayons" to cover up scratches in wood, along with all sorts of other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

I have damaged flooring, so thanks Word!
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    You don't necessarily need a lot of woodworking equipment. Hell, they sell these brown "crayons" to cover up scratches in wood, along with all sorts of other stuff.
    These plus the spackle and wax they sell in Daiso will take you far. However, if you're not a good artist and the gouge/scratch is super wide, call in the local crafty person or arts major. It's JET, there'll be a few around you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.