Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about getting rid of everything in my apartment if successor changes location

Default Re: Worried about getting rid of everything in my apartment if successor changes loca

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Maybe nothing, but they might also do something like pull out a vent panel and drop a fresh fish into the wall so that your apartment reeks of rotting fish for the first few months of your JET experience. Don't feel obligated to buy anything, but remember that this person is living where you'll be living in a few months. Don't piss them off.

gouge
    Abuse! Trolling! BANBANBANBAN

Good point though. I offered to buy SOME things from my pred, but not everything. Weirdly enough they didn't respond to me after that. Oh well.

Even though it's mostly crap you won't need, I think it's a little immoral to try to bag a bunch of free stuff in the hopes your pred won't follow through. There are useful things like Aircon, microwave etc. that they paid for it at some point.

It's up to you to know what is a realistic asking price. I would go by garage sale/second hand shop values.

Default Re: Worried about getting rid of everything in my apartment if successor changes loca

I can understand asking a reasonable price for something like an aircon or a fridge. But why would you gouge someone that has to go through the same hardships that you've gone through over something small. I think a buyer's standing is important to consider when you're selling something.

P.S You guys hit me in the feels so I figured I'd be passive aggressive about my errors
    Last edited by genkispirit; May 26th, 2015 at 23:43. Reason: Post Script FTW.

Open the doors, Hoff. BambooTelegraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genkispirit View Post
    I can understand asking a reasonable price for something like an aircon or a fridge. But why would you gouge someone that has to go through the same hardships that you've gone through over something small. I think a buyer's standing is important to consider when you're selling something.
    Honestly, I'm planning on playing it straight. Our successors will be coming into literally nothing, but if they want anything we have, we're more than willing to part with it at an incredibly reasonable price for our used items.