Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies and LGBT ALTs, what's it like to be you?

Default Re: Ladies and LGBT ALTs, what's it like to be you?

The good, sex is likely easier for us.
    The bad, there is not nearly as much support for long term relationships that will turn into something. The typical stuff like marriage, ability to adopt, apartments visas ect. ect.
    Most of all the other aspects are very situational and fall into similar sht a straight guy would handle.

Why is sex easier?

Quote Originally Posted by THE View Post
    Why is sex easier?
    Cause girl orgasms, am I right guys?

Gay male couples have more sex than straight couples and straight couples have more sex than gay female couples.

Organizations like Stonewall function as very effective dating networks, plus what Jiggit said.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Gay male couples have more sex than straight couples and straight couples have more sex than gay female couples.
    Would you like to be a statistic?

Quote Originally Posted by Frap View Post
    Would you like to be a statistic?
    You're going to fuck me? That would be nice, I suppose.

Eh, just keeping it real. We're all statistics, really; I never got people's opposition to being included in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Eh, just keeping it real. We're all statistics, really; I never got people's opposition to being included in them.
    No one ever wants me as a statistic.

They say I'm an anomaly...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    You're going to fuck me? That would be nice, I suppose.
    This is a very apathetic reply to some dynamite flirting!

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Who's opposed?!

Open the doors, Hoff. BambooTelegraph's Avatar

Ah, I think I can provide some direction:

As a cis-gendered, straight male in a pretty awesome relationship, I was interested in learning more about (all the shit I've heard about) Japanese relationships.

I came across this e-book: There's Something I Want to Tell You by Yuta Aoki. It's a pretty eye-opening and cheap read for those of us who aren't aware of the complications that foreigners (with differing genders/sexualities) encounter. I'd check it out!
    Last edited by BambooTelegraph; May 21st, 2015 at 09:21.

>BambooTelegraph: Thanks for mentioning that book. It's only a few dollars on Kindle so I think I'll give it a read over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for commenting. I'm going to take my time learning about this and update in the future. For anyone interested in the current version of my blog post, here's the link.

Quote Originally Posted by THE View Post
    I NEED YOUR HELP.

Hi. I want to write a blog post talking about the highs and lows of various aspects of life here in Japan so new ALTs can have some idea of what to expect. I'm a straight male, so I have no idea what it's like for people who aren't.
    With all due respect, OP, why do you feel that you should be giving this kind of advice? How helpful is it to new JETs to receive 3rd hand advice solicited through an anonymous online forum. Surely there are people better placed to do this (and they will) on the numerous blogs out there. I can understand you giving links to blogs but collecting and dispensing the advice yourself seems crazy when, as you say, you have no idea.

It's admirable that you are trying to help new JETs but why don't you stick to offering them advice about stuff you do know something about?

Just my view. No offence intended.

We have an app, it basically has a come do me button. I am speaking very generally with the comment.
    Last edited by jwkelley; May 22nd, 2015 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dululu View Post
    With all due respect, OP, why do you feel that you should be giving this kind of advice? How helpful is it to new JETs to receive 3rd hand advice solicited through an anonymous online forum. Surely there are people better placed to do this (and they will) on the numerous blogs out there. I can understand you giving links to blogs but collecting and dispensing the advice yourself seems crazy when, as you say, you have no idea.

It's admirable that you are trying to help new JETs but why don't you stick to offering them advice about stuff you do know something about?

Just my view. No offence intended.
    No offense taken . This question is a valid one, and is one of the reasons I just went ahead posting without it. I wanted my guide to apply to as many ALTs as possible, and to look at a wider spectrum of experiences, not just my own, which I think is what makes it valuable. I'm not a primary source of information, which is why I would have anything I write about it checked out by people who are, but you might be right that it's better to find existing sources of information and link to them.

Oh man! A real-life acceptance and constructive use of criticism!
    車庫 B1F