Thread: No Give Alien Registration = I Can't Haz Pension?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No Give Alien Registration = I Can't Haz Pension?

Thought I'd post here because seems more active than the appropriate forum, and VIP/anything goes, right?

I was researching about pension, specifically this CLAIR document, and it seems you can only apply for pension after you give your registration card. I was thinking/hoping I could dip back to Canada, get the process started and move back to Japan before my 90 days is up post-JET, but looks like I can't do that. Is this correct?

Goddamn it I want my money! That sweet 9ish grand.
    www.thejetcoaster.com
    5th year | 2010 Toronto JET | Kagawa-ken
    thejetcoaster.com | youtube | instagram

Default Re: No Give Alien Registration = I Can't Haz Pension?

Yeh, sorry man; I've heard of people trying to do this but I don't think it's realistically possible. I'm no expert, though, so definitely don't just go with my opinion on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Aight cool. You think you can move me over to the 'after japan' forum? Thanks ^^

Banned

You do need to hand in your registration card when you leave. If you can find a post jet job thats willing to sponsor your visa and go through the whole certificate of eligibility malarky then theres nothing stopping you going back to canada, starting the refund process then coming back a few weeks later on a fresh visa. Of course if you do cancel your registration card then your time in japan gets reset so if you were hoping for PR you'll have to hang around for another 10 years.

I have my card still. The guy punched a hole in it and gave it back to me after I filled out the "I'm leaving for good" form. I think as long as they have that form it counts as canceled. I have no idea how it works if you apply for a new card though.