Thread: Sakura House

Default Sakura House

Hi all,

I'm one of the new Tokyo JETs, moving to Japan without the comfort of a pred to give me a house and help me along my way.
    My school contacted me today and told me that I should get in touch with Sakura House so that I can set up my living situation for the year. I've heard only bad things about Sakura House online, and they seem like they're set up as a kind of a half-way house between moving to Japan and moving into a proper apartment.

Does anyone here have any experience with Sakura House? Am I right in my assumptions, or is Sakura House actually a fine place to live for a year or 3?

Thanks to anyone that can help :-)

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Default Re: Sakura House

Seems like they only offer monthly rentals on apartments and I'm not sure if you'd be up for sharing a house with random people.

(My point being, it sounds like a temporary thing. Though I don't know from personal experience. )
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; June 5th, 2015 at 20:28.

From the letter I got, it sounds like they definitely expect me to stay with Sakura House permanently. They haven't offered a real estate agent, or made any suggestions about a more normal housing situation.

Sakura house is temporary living. It could be fine for a month, or you could be in a dorm/share house with a bunch of smelly gaijin. I was do the Sakura house for the first month or two... and if you don't like it you can do the reality stuff yourself. Your schools cant stop you.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Sakura House is a bit costly for what you get, it's decent for a short stay to get in the middle of things but I wouldn't recommend living there long term, especially their private apartments which are quite old and small. They used to have decent prices but the rent just keeps going up and up.

Trying to find your own place without being in the company is quite difficult, but here are some Sakura House alternatives:
    ietomo Share House | The Guide For Your New Life Style
    http://en.leopalace21.com/

I wouldn't recommend living in either of these long-term, but definitely for a few months you could do much worse.