Thread: Add a Hide/Spoiler option to BB-Code?

Default Add a Hide/Spoiler option to BB-Code?

This is a selfish request, but I'd really like a way to hide text so that it can be clicked to open and clicked to collapse again.

I've been on other forums with [hide][/hide] and [hidetitle="insert title here"][/hidetitle] tags which really help when you're formatting threads with a lot of text that doesn't need to be seen all at once. It's also helpful when discussing spoilers in general threads.

If it's not too difficult, could that be added to ITIL's BB-Code options?

Default Re: Add a Hide/Spoiler option to BB-Code?

I just checked Tapatalk's help page to see if they support hide tags too and it looks like it uses [spoiler][/spoiler] and [spoiler=title][/spoiler] tags. So it seems do-able for the app as well.

Hiya Ebi - yea I've seen this too. To be honest, I don't have time to find the plugin needed for it - but if you can find it for me (vbulletin version 4) please send the link over and I'll install it.

Thanks
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Is it version 4.0 or 4.1 or 4.2? I don't really know much about vBulletin and there are so many versions it's kind of hard to find a plugin that's compatible for sure. I also can't view any of the code/previews since I don't have a license key, so sorry if these aren't good quality. I had to go off of the comments and guess:

This one looks like the best fit since it let's you hide text and give the spoiler box a custom title. Seems compatible for 4.0, but maybe not 4.2: [BB Code] Spoiler Tag - vBulletin.org Forum
    This one also looks very nice, but doesn't seem compatible for anything above 4.0: [YUI] VSQ - Spoiler - vBulletin.org Forum
    This one also seems okay and compatible for 4.1, not sure about 4.2: BBCode - Custom Spoiler - vBulletin.org Forum
    This one seems very basic since it's just a button, but might be good if the others fail: Classic button 'Spoiler' BB Code (NO INSTALL REQUIRED) - vBulletin.org Forum
    Another one that doesn't seem to have a spoiler + title option: Most elegant Spoiler-Tag [BB-Code] - vBulletin.org Forum

EDIT: So far the only one that for sure is compatible with 4.2 is on a Russian website: BB-code SPOILER для vBulletin 4.2 - Форум вебмастеров
    Last edited by Ebi; June 10th, 2015 at 23:19.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Seems to work on Tapatalk.

Huh, interestingly enough I'm using Tapatalk and it's not displaying correctly for me. I just see a white space where the "hide" tag should be. But maybe that's because I didn't put anything inside the tags?