Thread: Is it possible to view REALLY old posts?

Default Is it possible to view REALLY old posts?

Hi, I have been on and off ITIL for many years. I was hoping to read back on some of my posts from when I was an ALT around 2007, but I can't seem to go back that far on my profile. Are these posts lost now? That would be a shame. I was considering moving back to Japan next year so I wanted to re-read my posts from last time I lived there.
    The locals possess a peculiar aversion to the bayonet.

Default Re: Is it possible to view REALLY old posts?

Sorry tedcase, I was going to reply to this yesterday but got distracted by actually investigating it.
    I always thought there was a way to view all posts by a user, both from the public profile page and from the admin pages.
    Unfortunately it appears only the most recent 500 posts are brought back.
    The data is in the database, but I think VBulletin is trying to prevent high load from being placed on the database / server by limiting the number of records it brings back.
    I suspect there is a mod available to do this, but I just haven't the time to go and find a suitable one.
    Maybe you or someone here can investigate it? We are running VBulletin 4.

Thanks
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

I'd also be interested in figuring out if this is possible. Like tedcase haven't been around in a while but recently hanging around as we are thinking of going back to Japan at some point.

I searched a bit on the web and can't really find much. If anyone has any idea how to see the old posts it would be appreciated!

Hi,
    Sorry - I haven't had a chance to follow this up. As the last post says - the data is in the database just there is no apparent way of accessing it even through the admin menu. I could write a script myself to pull it out but a mod already out there should exist I expect.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!