Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interac Placements - 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Interac Placements - 2015

Hello all,

It's been a while since I joined the forum, initially via the JET Programme, but that didn't go so well, and now via Interac.

They've been incredibly helpful and supportive of my application and guided me through each step of the process so I can't complain so far.

I missed a phone call today from the Tokyo office but they left a voice mail saying that they wanted to discuss placement, so that sounds positive! I am waiting for them to call back...

I recognise that this side of the forum is relatively dead compared to the other sections but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has received their placements yet for the August 2015 - January 2016 period?

Also, general queries and findings thread?

I've found Interac's UK office to be really supportive of my application, going the extra mile to help me through some... complications that I've had.

Default Re: Interac Placements - 2015

Congrats! I hope you find out your placement soon. I'm not an Interac ALT, so I'm afraid I can't answer any of your questions, but I've known my share of people who have been hired through the program. In my area at least, people seem pretty satisfied with it. Hopefully you end up someplace that you like too. Do you have any placement preferences?

Hey, I remember you from the UK JET thread, looks like we're still in the same boat! Also missed a call this morning, waiting for them to give me a ring back

Hey all, I'm probably I'm a similar boat as you guys. I got alternate in JET and rather than sitting around with my fingers crossed I went for Interac. Got my placement info via phone call today! I have been offered a placement in Okayama city. It looks like a decently sized town and very beautiful from what I can tell. Right now I'm very happy with this placement, and will probably send an acceptance email within the next 24 hours. I was really hoping I would get placed in a somewhat urban area, so this placement seems perfect for me!

Well done on your placement, Neycourt! Okayama seems lovely and not too far!
    Last edited by enlight85; June 20th, 2015 at 07:32.

Sakai City, here I come! My preference was Osaka, Kyoto or Shiga prefectures and Osaka came through! I'm off to Tokyo to meet some friends on 10th August and starting in Sakai on the 16th. My wife joins me the following month.

Retro, I remember you too!

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

That's awesome you guys, let us know how the process goes and keep us updated when you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    That's awesome you guys, let us know how the process goes and keep us updated when you get there.
    I remember reading on the US topic you didn't get a place with JET, out of curiosity, are you going to apply with Interac or try JET again?

Quote Originally Posted by kmep0 View Post
    I remember reading on the US topic you didn't get a place with JET, out of curiosity, are you going to apply with Interac or try JET again?
    Applying next year, saving money in the meantime.

I thought about Interac, but didn't think I had enough funds for the whole ordeal.

(I'd rather have too much than not enough. )

I thought about Interac, but didn't think I had enough funds for the whole ordeal.

Good luck. I applied to JET on a whim, I could make my application a lot stronger, but at this point - I just want to get out there ASAP.

Hey man! Long time no see. Glad to hear you received your placement. I made a very specific request for Nisshin, Nagoya or Aichi [in that order] so I'm still waiting to hear back about mine. Here's hoping I receive a favourable call from Japan soon. Interac recently listed job openings in Aichi on Gaijinpot, so I think I'll get Aichi Prefecture at the very least. Just want to hear back soon, as I need to book my flight(!) I recently completed my background check, and was asked to update my resume on Friday so that the end date for my current job matched up to my CoE application. They'll be submitting that soon, so I guess I'll get my CoE in July...assuming I have a placement. Counting the days. Come on, Nagoya! 8 weeks to go...

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    Hey man! Long time no see. Glad to hear you received your placement. I made a very specific request for Nisshin, Nagoya or Aichi [in that order] so I'm still waiting to hear back about mine. Here's hoping I receive a favourable call from Japan soon. Interac recently listed job openings in Aichi on Gaijinpot, so I think I'll get Aichi Prefecture at the very least. Just want to hear back soon, as I need to book my flight(!) I recently completed my background check, and was asked to update my resume on Friday so that the end date for my current job matched up to my CoE application. They'll be submitting that soon, so I guess I'll get my CoE in July...assuming I have a placement. Counting the days. Come on, Nagoya! 8 weeks to go...
    I got an email about Interac's online learning, still waiting on a placement though!

Quote Originally Posted by Neycourt View Post
    Same here. Waiting to be contacted by the Hiroshima branch and then book my flight haha
    How long after getting the placement introduction email did you get the phone call offering you a placement?

You should crowdsource one of your letters of rec to all of us. We can have a thread where we start your letter, make corrections and additions, then we all unilaterally agree on a final draft, and Beer Baron sends it to you.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    You should crowdsource one of your letters of rec to all of us.
    As awesome as that sounds, I don't know how legitimate it would seem to the government.

I mean, I don't think anyone here knows me in person, so .

But if it was a real thing that could be considered, that would be pretty great.

Also, like yourself - communication and support has been nothing but great since I started this process. I've been waiting for Interac to live up to its reputation on Glassdoor but don't have any complaints thus far. Let's hope this continues!

How long did it take for people to get their placement information after the 'placement introduction' email? I'm waiting for an update, I would like to book the flight ASAP and sort out my visa.

Same here. Waiting to be contacted by the Hiroshima branch and then book my flight haha

I have received neither a placement introduction email or online learning email D8 What am I missing out on?

I have received neither a placement introduction email or online learning email D8 What am I missing out on?
    Ah this guy explains it:
    Interact confessions feat. Cookies - YouTube
    Last edited by worried; June 25th, 2015 at 02:42.

Hey there, I saw that you're a recent British grad too! The email gives a link to access some online learning, apparently it takes 6 hours to complete the coursework, but you can stop and start at any time. The modules are titled, working in schools, teaching theory, living in Japan etc. Not checked it out yet.