Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interac Placements - 2015

Default Re: Interac Placements - 2015

Just received the placement introduction email ^_^ One part stood out.

For those of us still waiting, we may not receive our arrival information until July 21st at the very latest...! Eep.

I'm hoping that's the worst case scenario...

"Oh you're going to Japan?! Where are you going to be placed? When do you fly out?"
    "I don't know."

It's the UNCERTAINTY that I don't like, I don't mind if they tell me to come on date X and we'll place you when you get here, just make some progress so I can try and find a decently priced ticket and sort out my visa.

Agreed. It'd be better if they sent us all to Tokyo on the same day like they do with JET. At least then we'd have a city and date to plan around. I've never left booking an international flight to 7 weeks before departure in my life ^^ Hope all the bargains are still waiting for us when we do find out our placement details.

Going by the Interac Facebook page, they always have arrival dates on or just after August 15th.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    You should crowdsource one of your letters of rec to all of us.
    As awesome as that sounds, I don't know how legitimate it would seem to the government.

I mean, I don't think anyone here knows me in person, so .

But if it was a real thing that could be considered, that would be pretty great.

I've been placed in Sakai too, enlight85!

Everyone who has their placements, are you finding your own place to stay or taking Interac up on their LeoPalace offer?

Assuming they tell me my placement soon, I'm going to try and pursue a share house. They've let us join the Facebook group now!

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worried View Post
    I'm going to try and pursue a share house.
    Is it to save money or to meet people?

If it's the latter, I'm sure there's easier ways to do that.

Unless you want to relieve your college days for some reason.

It's primarily to save money, or to get the most for the money.

As an example, there's a share house I know of that has a fixed rent of 60,000 yen a month all-inclusive. That's electricity, water and Internet. Kitchen area is communal, but spacious, bedrooms are huge and many foreign teachers live there. The staff also speak English. Just a few simple comforts like that at 20,000 less a month can make all the difference.

But this plan depends entirely on how soon I hear my placement. If it's too late to chase stuff up, I'll stick to Leo palace.

Quote Originally Posted by retro View Post
    I've been placed in Sakai too, enlight85!

Everyone who has their placements, are you finding your own place to stay or taking Interac up on their LeoPalace offer?
    Great news! I am looking for accommodation myself. They did offer the Leopalace option though...

I haven't been notified about any accommodation options yet, but I assume they will offer me a Leopalace option at some point. Does anyone here have any experience with Leopalace? Interac advises to bring 500,000 yen for all your startup costs and first month of living before your first paycheck. If anyone has experience with the first month of Interac I'd just really like to try to get an idea of how much of that 500,000 yen will be eaten into

I'm bringing 200,000 yen and I'll barely get halfway before pay day. Made a tidy saving by finding my own place, leopalace would have really screwed me over in the long run. Of your 500,000, I expect you'll eat into half with your apartment start up costs till pay day.

Looks like I'm going to be heading out to the Chicago consulate this week to apply for my work visa. Do you guys think there's any kind of dress requirement when you go in to apply for your visa? Obviously I'm going to get my passport sized photo taken in business attire, but I was planning on meeting some friends in the city and didn't really want to be stuck in my suit in the hot weather all day haha. I figure it should be fine to show up in casual wear but I don't want to assume anything, haha.

I'd go in slacks and a polo.
    車庫 B1F