Thread: Anki

Default Anki

Hey, can anyone give me some recs for packs? I keep downloaded random ones that end up not being so great.

ALSO, I used to have this great pack for Genki I & II that had the lessons all broken up within the pack, so it wasn't just rotating every single vocab word... this was on my old laptop so I checked the name of it, tried to look it up and cannot find it anywhere or anything else like it... if someone has a similar rec or is able to dig it up please let me know. It was really helpful for me. Thanks!

Default Re: Anki

I like JLPT bootcamp's decks. They have all the vocabulary from each JLPT but everything that can be written in kanji is written in Kanji. I find it really useful to use them to learn kanji for words I already know.

I had heard of Anki many times, and for one reason or another, never got it on my computer until today. I downloaded some JLPT grammar and vocab packs, and have been messing around. In the past few weeks, I've been second-guessing my skills. I've felt like I'm getting in over my head going to work in a public office. Anki is helping me remember that I actually do know Japanese, and I've already learned a few new things.
    車庫 B1F

A lot of the packs got taken down for copyright reasons (The real core decks and probably those genki ones). The old core ones were pretty good for beginners as they had audio and sentences for the vocab.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I actually just deleted anki off my phone yesterday. I haven't used it in over a year, ever since I started to bow to the gods of wanikani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    I haven't used it in over a year, ever since I started to bow to the gods of wanikani.
    Praise the crococrab!

Why do you feel wanikani is better? I've been using anki, and i've liked it ok, but have been considering trying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Naru-toes View Post
    Why do you feel wanikani is better? I've been using anki, and i've liked it ok, but have been considering trying something new.
    Wanikani is basically a really well put together gated anki deck that you have to pay for.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    Wanikani is basically a really well put together gated anki deck that you have to pay for.
    Exactly. It's the perfect answer for someone like me that has money, and would rather not waste their time making a deck, and the gated thing is actually really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

So if i already have a deck that i'm happy with there's no real reason to switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Naru-toes View Post
    So if i already have a deck that i'm happy with there's no real reason to switch?
    Yeah I basically stuck with a premade deck and had another one that I added my own stuff to as I found things from reading or class.