Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health Checks

Default Re: Health Checks

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Huh. I had no clue. I guess if they'd pushed me, I might go along with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to insist on proper hygiene on the part of the individuals taking my blood, nor to push back on the xrays.
    Gosh, yeah. It's the people handling the blood and needles which scare me over the x-ray.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Huh. I had no clue. I guess if they'd pushed me, I might go along with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to insist on proper hygiene on the part of the individuals taking my blood, nor to push back on the xrays.
    I can pretty much guarantee they don't change gloves between patients.

In in her defense she purelled first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Huh, guess you can see I haven't read the handbook XD

I guess I'll just say no and see what happens. The needle is more of a sensation thing so the only thing that works well for me is if I distract my senses with music and pinching. As word said, x-rays are a cumulative concern. I rather limit my exposure now. Plus chest ones are pointless, that's why the TB test exists.

Ugh, hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by singinglupines View Post
    Plus chest ones are pointless, that's why the TB test exists.
    Do you have medical training or something? That is an amazingly ignorant statement.

Do you think there is some kind of medical conspiracy out there where the vast majority of medical professionals around the world prefer chest x-rays over TB skin tests for diagnostic purposes?

If you are going to work with children, you should really check your medical ignorance at the door and listen to the professionals who actually know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by UPGRAYEDD; July 30th, 2015 at 10:02.
    You see, gentlemen, a pimp's love is very different from a square's...
    (郷に入っては郷に従え.)

Be x-rays are so dangerous! I heard so on facebook!

I'm just going with it. There's no use fussing about the radiation from the chest x-ray.

As a side note, if my nurse is 80 with an un-gloved shakey hand, I too would decline everything.

Actually, the law states it is mandatory for employers to OFFER one. It is NOT mandatory for employees to take one. You are allowed to opt out of the bits that you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    If you don't like needles, I just look away when they put the needle in and then you'll be just fine.
    "If I can do it so can you!" "It's all in your head!" "C'mon, it's easy when you're me!" etc. etc.

It's not that I'm afraid of needles, they just make me faint. Shoving anything into my bloodstream or taking anything (over a vial) out puts my blood pressure out of whack and out I go.

And I'm against an x-ray TB test when there's a perfectly nonradioactive alternative. It's just unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee they don't change gloves between patients.

In in her defense she purelled first.
    My dentist rinses off his gloves between patients.

...Huh yeah it's all making sense to me now.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    My dentist rinses off his gloves between patients.

...Huh yeah it's all making sense to me now.
    Is this the same dentist as before?

My god he'll be the death of you.