Thread: I'm cancelling my 2-year iPhone contract 10 days early...

Default I'm cancelling my 2-year iPhone contract 10 days early...

Is there anything I should know? Do you guys have any advice?

I opted to pay the full price of the iPhone at the beginning of the contract so I wouldn't have to worry about paying for the phone later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Default Re: I'm cancelling my 2-year iPhone contract 10 days early...

I'd be prepared to pay 1man or so.

That's not so bad. Thanks.
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Ask if it costs, and if it does, ask if you can have the account closed as soon as the contract ends instead. You might be able to avoid a fee.

I'm told you have to be there in person to cancel the contract. Softbank must do this to screw with foreigners.

I don't know this for a fact, but other sites are telling me this. I just trust you guys more than other people so I figured I would ask.

Heck, I'd double check when I go in anyways. Tell them "I'm leaving on the xxth. My contract ends the xx+10th. I will pay through the end of the month, then I want the service shut off and account closed. I will pay any fees necessary today or until the xxth. As I am leaving the country, I will not pay after that date." And if they insist on charging anyways, I'd be pretty firm on not paying a cancellation fee.