Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Minor concerns over the physical application form

  1. #1

    Default Minor concerns over the physical application form

    Hi all! My embassy is still using physical application forms (the hardcopy version) and their instructions are really vague.

    Some boxes are huuuuuuge and some can barely fit in more than 5 words at most in block letters. I've been alternating my font sizes for each blank and box to fit as much as possible, but it looks really messy. Can any seniors in the programme advise?


    1) Do you use a different font colour (e.g dark blue) to fill up the answers, or do you use black?
    2) Do you use the same font as the application form or do you use another font type to differentiate your answers from the questions?
    3) What font size do you use to fill up the blanks and spaces?

  2. #2
    Fit via vi Virgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    2,212

    Default Re: Minor concerns over the physical application form

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Bunny View Post
    Hi all! My embassy is still using physical application forms (the hardcopy version) and their instructions are really vague.

    Some boxes are huuuuuuge and some can barely fit in more than 5 words at most in block letters. I've been alternating my font sizes for each blank and box to fit as much as possible, but it looks really messy. Can any seniors in the programme advise?


    1) Do you use a different font colour (e.g dark blue) to fill up the answers, or do you use black?
    2) Do you use the same font as the application form or do you use another font type to differentiate your answers from the questions?
    3) What font size do you use to fill up the blanks and spaces?
    I would not deviate from any of the defaults set in the form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Minor concerns over the physical application form

    Just use Singlish in the smaller boxes.

    I'd keep it a legible size / well spaced. Anything under an 11pt size starts to annoy me when my kids use it. (The default on my Japanese work comps has been 10.5.)

    Unless it states ink colour, in America blue or black is acceptable. I'd probably use blue, because it makes the answers easier to scan to.

    Is it something you can scan, type on, then reprint? Is it a pdf already?
    Last edited by uthinkimlost?; September 29th, 2015 at 12:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Minor concerns over the physical application form

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    I would not deviate from any of the defaults set in the form.
    Hi, thank you! I'll probably use the same Japanese font type then, it's really ugly and spaced out when typed in block letters.


    Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    Just use Singlish in the smaller boxes.

    I'd keep it a legible size / well spaced. Anything under an 11pt size starts to annoy me when my kids use it. (The default on my Japanese work comps has been 10.5.)

    Unless it states ink colour, in America blue or black is acceptable. I'd probably use blue, because it makes the answers easier to scan to.

    Is it something you can scan, type on, then reprint? Is it a pdf already?
    Pfft, I think using Singlish will take up more space lor! And yeah, I'll probably take up your suggestion to format the form into PDF before filling up the blanks from there, the alignment and spacing kept changing while in Word.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •