Thread: ETC card

Default ETC card

What is the easiest way to get one of these? I heard that you can get credit cards that them built in, but have no clue which ones or how hard they are to get.

Default Re: ETC card

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    What is the easiest way to get one of these? I heard that you can get credit cards that them built in, but have no clue which ones or how hard they are to get.
    Check the airline cards, they usually come with an ETC card.

Do you have an ETC-ready car? If I understand correctly, installing the system can be a sizeable added expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Eh, you can get the cheap dash-top units for around 5000en. The under-dash ones tend to start at around a man. (Edit: installation is extra, but not too much; I bought an under-dash one for my old van and paid around 1.5man for the whole thing).

I got mine thru my credit card; when you fill out the application, you just hafta check the option requesting the ETC card with it. As far as I know, almost every credit card will offer you this option.
    Last edited by word; October 1st, 2015 at 12:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

If your car doesn't have an etc unit built in when you buy one the shop will help you fill out the paperwork for getting the ect card if you already have a credit card.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Yep I just got one. I just applied for a Rakuten card and checked the ETC option. The credit card came first, and the ETC shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Alright nice, my car has an ETC slot already, guess I'll apply for the Rakuten one since it appears that one is pretty easy to get.

My bank offers an ETC card for their general accounts - without needing a credit card. There was a page or so of requirements - a certain income level/minimum balance etc but my supervisor showed me the application when I told him I wanted to buy a "new" car. Don't actually know if it's any easier to get than a credit card one...

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Mine was rakuten card and etc came a few weeks after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Or you could apply for a nuclear evacuee card and then you get free tolls.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Or you could apply for a nuclear evacuee card and then you get free tolls.
    I wonder if I'll be able to get one if they move that radioactive waste to the next town over like nobody wants...

Unlikely as that "radioactive waste" will just be a few hundred tons of topsoil in black bags that will get buried.

Unlikely as that "radioactive waste" will just be a few hundred tons of topsoil in black bags that will get buried.
    Yeah, and it's going into a landfill on a JSDF base, too. But the townspeople think it's the end of the universe and their entire local mountain is going to be covered in it...

Yep I just got one. I just applied for a Rakuten card and checked the ETC option. The credit card came first, and the ETC shortly after.
    Dang, I wish I knew you could get it through the Rakuten card. Is it too late to change? Mine's only the rakuten point card though.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersJ View Post
    Dang, I wish I knew you could get it through the Rakuten card. Is it too late to change? Mine's only the rakuten point card though.
    Mines a credit card. Not sure if it's just a chargeable point card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.