Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions Regarding School Placements

Default Re: Questions Regarding School Placements

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    A school in my prefecture also choose their own dress code (no uniform, but still quite presentable). These schools tend to be non-academic schools though.
    Really?
    I work at two academic schools and they are both schools without uniforms, as it seems a lot of the academic schools in my prefecture are. The technical and lower level schools have uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by FightingNemo View Post
    Really?
    I work at two academic schools and they are both schools without uniforms, as it seems a lot of the academic schools in my prefecture are. The technical and lower level schools have uniforms...
    ESID, without a doubt. The top academic schools around here all have VERY distinct uniforms. Both public and private.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingNemo View Post
    Really?
    Did you do anything special to get placed in an academic school?

I'm currently a senior high school English teacher in Australia. Will they carry any weight?

I haven't seen any evidence it makes a difference.

Eta- in terms of academic or not. It probably does make high school more likely.
    Last edited by mothy; October 29th, 2015 at 16:01.