Thread: Proof of Study Abroad

Default Proof of Study Abroad

Hello,

I have a question about proof of study abroad. I participated in the Critical Language Scholarship Program in 2009. It wasn't through my university, but the US Department of State. There were no transcripts or grades, just a certificate of completion at the end. Would this be sufficient as proof? Would this even be something I would submit to the JET program as study abroad? I was only in Tajikistan for 6 weeks. I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by word; October 12th, 2015 at 10:57. Reason: Name redacted for privacy's sake :D

Default Re: Proof of Study Abroad

Yeah, the certificate will probably be more than enough, especially if it's all official-looking and has "US Department of State" printed on it somewhere. Most Japanese folks would probably think that was pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Thanks, word! Now I just need to go through my files to find it

They took a digital copy of my teaching cert so... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

I had the same deal. I went through my university but it was a short stay that wasn't graded, so all we got was a fancy certificate upon completion. I just made a copy and submitted that.

The only trouble in my case was the certificate was a huge fancy scroll, so I had to borrow a large scanner at school and resize it so the copied version would fit with the rest of my documents.