Thread: Proof of Graduation Question

Default Proof of Graduation Question

Sorry if this is spammy, I wasn't sure whether to hijack someone else's thread or start a new one.

Basically asking what qualifies as a proof of graduation if I am yet to graduate?

My university offers a letter of completion, however they are not processed until final results are released (which is mid-December for my university). Obviously, this is after the November 20th cut-off date for JET applications. I've requested an academic transcript to show I will be completing my course, and am scheduled to graduate in April, however the JET checklist criteria states a proof of graduation letter must also be included.

I'm going to call my university tomorrow to confirm their proposed processing times, but is it worth calling the consulate to ask for more clarification, or has anyone else been in this situation?

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Default Re: Proof of Graduation Question

You can ask your university for a document that says the date you'll graduate should you finish your classes.

I don't know if the documents are different in Australia, but in the US you need both, a transcript and proof of graduation. (for the application)

G'day,

I did not complete my course until literally the month before I was to leave for Japan. All you need to do is tell them that you are still studying, perhaps receive some kind of official letter from a course advisor stating that you are expected to graduate and actually graduate. The timing for your graduation ceremony might be a bit whack, mine would have been after I'd been in Japan for a month so I deferred until the end of the year but received a letter of completion instead to pass to my supervisor.

Hope that helped,
    Cheers

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Ya, it was a letter I specifically asked for from my registrars which stated I was currently enrolled with an expected graduation date before departure. My university was quite aware of the JET process for these types of letters and generated it in a couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.