Thread: How many transcripts are needed?

Default How many transcripts are needed?

If I have already provided transcripts of my bachelor's degree courses, is it still necessary to provide:

1) a transcript for a SINGLE Japanese language course that I took at a community college

2) a transcript or proof of enrollment for an online TEFL certification course that I have not yet finished? (I could copy the confirmation/receipt I was emailed, I suppose?)

I listed both of these things in the "education" portion of my application after the Bachelor's Degree, as I thought they might be relevant. However, I'm not so sure anymore about online course's relevance in that spot.

Edit: for U.S. application.
    Last edited by fryfry; October 26th, 2015 at 07:03.

Default Re: How many transcripts are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by fryfry View Post
    If I have already provided transcripts of my bachelor's degree courses, is it still necessary to provide:

1) a transcript for a SINGLE Japanese language course that I took at a community college

2) a transcript or proof of enrollment for an online TEFL certification course that I have not yet finished? (I could copy the confirmation/receipt I was emailed, I suppose?)

I listed both of these things in the "education" portion of my application after the Bachelor's Degree, as I thought they might be relevant. However, I'm not so sure anymore about online course's relevance in that spot.

Edit: for U.S. application.

For #1 - Definitely YES
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Contact the embassy.

I transferred after two years (to a college that offered the course of study and study abroad opportunities I wanted.) The Embassy wanted both colleges' transcripts.

If you don't get a straight answer from a JET Coordinator, I'd submit them just to be safe.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Anything that you mention in the app should be added.

Though in regards to a class you are currently taking, you can just add the info and then send a copy of the completion document with the rest of the stuff they ask after you are accepted.

Yes for both questions. I took an online ELS course that I had to get a separate transcript for. It serves as proof that you took the course.

thanks. sounds like I'm submittin'em. I don't really know why I felt the need to ask; makes perfect sense when you think for two seconds.

so, according to the JET Office I don't have to provide proof of anything that didn't contribute to my bachelor's. Still... feels like I should, now. I got a bitchin' grade on that course. 4.0 gpa, baby.