Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring US JETs 2016

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Aspiring US JETs 2016

Only early departures have been announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Oh, people still don't know if they've been shortlisted? what? only early departures?
    Yes...

God JET is dumb and slow. Anyway, if you find out you're an alternate, then you might be coming to Fukuoka the same time as the shortlisters. Not sure if they do it that way, but I'm sure someone will roll in here in August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

God JET is dumb and slow.
    I don't think I'm allowed to say that about my GRACIOUS AND BENEVOLENT overloa...err, I mean, potential employers. At least not until I get the job, lol....

Considering that Fukuoka is one of the areas I requested, fingers crossed I can score that upgrade if made an alternate.

bunch of people leaving around where I am, pretty sure almost no one has a preference for my prefecture though.

A bunch of unicorns and 3rd/4th years are leaving Mie.
    My little town is also adding a 3rd ALT, but said mystery ALT is subject to teach at all 4 elementary schools regularly. Be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ambrosse View Post
    My little town is also adding a 3rd ALT, but said mystery ALT is subject to teach at all 4 elementary schools regularly. Be ready.
    What does that mean?

said alternates don't know they've been upgraded(?) maybe they want to notify everybody en masse.
    Last edited by Frap; Today at 18:46. Reason: sucker

Oh, I meant about being assigned teaching all the elementary schools. I feel like there's a horrific story there somewhere...

We're actually getting a pretty big handful of people in Osaka this year, actually.... gonna be really interesting
    Last edited by weepinbell; March 10th, 2016 at 11:46.

Yeah, the Facebook page is going off the walls right now! I'm calm! Got myself two job fairs in two weeks! All good here!

how about you guys?

I'm looking for a second job. I have a great job on the weekends but I want something to do during the week aside from plan lessons and cleaning. lol

I'm holding up pretty well on the outside but I've been dreaming about the results/JET/going back to Japan for the past month or so. Last night, I dreamed I got in and went to orientation only to realize I left my suit in California??

What kind of job fairs are you going to?

At last year's orientation they didn't care if you had a suit since a bunch of people from Miami had delayed luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    At last year's orientation they didn't care if you had a suit since a bunch of people from Miami had delayed luggage.
    My orientation put the fear of God is us regarding our suits. We couldn't get into the opening ceremony without a jacket...guess who left their's in America?

Moonbeam I thought you came in 2015, am I totally wrong? Did they just not let you go into the room? I was in group A and I saw a few people without jackets.

They just had the people who didn't have jackets sit in the back corner so they could get group shots of everyone in suits which is the point of the opening ceremony. Also the required attendence thing for the panels was BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DornishFox View Post
    I'm looking for a second job. I have a great job on the weekends but I want something to do during the week aside from plan lessons and cleaning. lol

I'm holding up pretty well on the outside but I've been dreaming about the results/JET/going back to Japan for the past month or so. Last night, I dreamed I got in and went to orientation only to realize I left my suit in California??

What kind of job fairs are you going to?
    I'm a certified teacher, so I'm going to job fairs for schools around the surrounding states! hopefully I will have something lined up so if I don't get JET, I know where I will be until I try again later this year!

I have 2 jobs right now; subbing and hostess at Red Lobster. It keeps me busy enough!

I was group B. But everywhere we went the organizers kept nagging people to wear their suit jackets ~or else ~. All for a photo that every one forgot about the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
    I'm a certified teacher, so I'm going to job fairs for schools around the surrounding states! hopefully I will have something lined up so if I don't get JET, I know where I will be until I try again later this year!

I have 2 jobs right now; subbing and hostess at Red Lobster. It keeps me busy enough!
    Beware if you get alternate and hired at a school...
    Choose carefully how you want to proceed in that case. I can say from experience the breaking contract and leaving country mid-year is a drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesam View Post
    What does that mean?
    It just means that this person has a lot of work ahead of them. It's hard teaching at Elementary Schools. At one of my schools I do all the lesson planning and preparation. My other school is 50/50. Same goes for the other ALT's Elementary Schools.
    But they want more English in Elementary School, so hiring a 3rd ALT for our tiny town to teach ES only makes sense I guess.