Thread: Application Mistake

Default Application Mistake

So after reading and rereading the checklist 1,000,000 times I felt confident that I sent off my application with all my 'T''s crossed, 'I''s dotted, and my paper clips in the right place. Unfortunately I'm reading blogs from last year saying that I needed to enclosed a second envelope that's self address with postage inside of my packet. I'm freaking out because my application has already been received without that envelope but no where on the website or the online portal does it say I need this envelope. Did anyone else encounter this issue????

Default Re: Application Mistake

application methods change. In my day you needed to include hundreds of self addressed postcards and envelopes and stuff for them to send you acknowledgments that the package had been received and then for letters offering you interviews and things (I guess Japanese embassies cant afford stamps). In this modern world of emails and internets and grindr I guess they dont need that stuff anymore. As long as you followed the instructions given to you for this years applications then you will be fine. Any information you read from blogs about previous years should be considered outdated.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKing View Post
    So after reading and rereading the checklist 1,000,000 times I felt confident that I sent off my application with all my 'T''s crossed, 'I''s dotted, and my paper clips in the right place. Unfortunately I'm reading blogs from last year saying that I needed to enclosed a second envelope that's self address with postage inside of my packet. I'm freaking out because my application has already been received without that envelope but no where on the website or the online portal does it say I need this envelope. Did anyone else encounter this issue????
    That is just so they can send it back to confirm they got the application isn't it? Totally optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dululu View Post
    Mine was sitting in an izakaya (the only foreigners) and absent-mindedly playing with this miniature Buddha.

The waitress came over 1 minute later she was back. Beers? No, we're ok. 1 minute later, back again looking angry.

Turns out the miniature buddha was the button thing to call the waitress over and I was pressing its head repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
    That is just so they can send it back to confirm they got the application isn't it? Totally optional.
    thats on the UK application, not the USA one.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Oh ok, if it's to confirm that they got it, they sent me that notification through the online web portal the same day they got it in the office! Mini heart attack over!

As Ini said, this year's application is much different from last year's.

It's alright, at least you didn't forget the paperclips.

Is it really that important to use paperclips instead of staples?

it depends if you want to annoy the person reading and making copies of your application or not. Seeing as you are trying to impress these people and show them you are able to follow instructions its probably quite important but I doubt it would result in instant disqualification.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKing View Post
    Is it really that important to use paperclips instead of staples?
    It's a matter of life and death.