Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

  1. #61

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Yeah, it's not what we consider a 'lottery' in the west.... But they call them lotteries here, and I've experienced it at USJ, with the Ghibli tickets, and for special movie screenings so far. Not saying no one else in the world uses those systems, it's just different from what I've experienced in America for those particular situations.

    Edit - but yeah, you're absolutely right, they literally are just first-come-first serve. Wasn't saying they weren't!
    Last edited by weepinbell; December 9th, 2015 at 11:10.

  2. #62

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Wait, you mean fast-pass? They have that at Disney in the US. They're pretty useful because you don't have to wait in line as long and can do other things while you wait.

    Anyway, I'm a second time applicant with a success story so it can be done if you like putting your life on hold even longer.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Satori Shinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,929

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    That's what I took culture shock to mean, anyway. It's a gut response to the contact of oneself with the other; or "Hell is other people" (for satori this sentence is the equivalent of edging).
    There's nothing inherently wrong with trying to express yourself, even if it sounds out there, I encourage it. Hell truely is other people, when it's just you and magma all over the place, it's simply glowy fun time adventures. When it's you and savages who will kill you for your goods/beliefs/looks/place of origin. That is hell. Hell is the consequence of choice.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.


  4. #64

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    Wait, you mean fast-pass? They have that at Disney in the US. They're pretty useful because you don't have to wait in line as long and can do other things while you wait.

    Anyway, I'm a second time applicant with a success story so it can be done if you like putting your life on hold even longer.
    For every one there's a dozen bigredgoofballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  5. #65

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Satori Shinobi View Post
    There's nothing inherently wrong with trying to express yourself, even if it sounds out there, I encourage it. Hell truely is other people, when it's just you and magma all over the place, it's simply glowy fun time adventures. When it's you and savages who will kill you for your goods/beliefs/looks/place of origin. That is hell. Hell is the consequence of choice.
    Every time I see you post/troll, I think of my friend that eats only foods with specific vibrational qualities and know that you could be real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

  6. #66

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    Wait, you mean fast-pass? They have that at Disney in the US. They're pretty useful because you don't have to wait in line as long and can do other things while you wait.

    Anyway, I'm a second time applicant with a success story so it can be done if you like putting your life on hold even longer.
    Not fastpass, I wish those were free lol - the lottery shit is really just a free timed ticket for entry that you have to get for certain attractions once you're in the park. Fastpass at USJ you have to choose like 3-7 rides for your fastpass and then pay 3000-7000 extra for it with your park ticket, but they were sold out when I went, anyway. Idk how it works back in the US, never got a fastpass there.
    Last edited by weepinbell; December 10th, 2015 at 15:10.

  7. #67
    Looking for some chaw acpc2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,554

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    IIRC you could go to a machine and it would print out a pass with a time, at that time you could get in the fastpass line and get on a ride pretty quickly. This was the late 90s though so I wouldn't be surprised if they monetized it since then.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    satan's armpit
    Posts
    472

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    There's someone who is going home in my prefecture but that's because an immediate family member is on their deathbed. According to some ALTs, she isn't going to be replaced until the new intake though (as in, the July/August intake). Which seems ridiculous...like isn't that what early departure folks are for?

  9. #69

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by naginataonthebrain View Post
    There's someone who is going home in my prefecture but that's because an immediate family member is on their deathbed. According to some ALTs, she isn't going to be replaced until the new intake though (as in, the July/August intake). Which seems ridiculous...like isn't that what early departure folks are for?
    There's a bureaucratic nightmare behind replacing somebody breaking contract. Gizmo (IIRC) has some insight into that. Other reasons might be budgetary - it might be cheaper to do without, or hire a local through not-JET to fill in. Getting a new JET ALT is more expensive than keeping one for another year, and I don't think its even that small of a margin.

  10. #70
    Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A depressingly cold place...
    Posts
    10,070

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    April refills must be requested by October 7th.
    I think the window for immediate replacement ALTs closes very soon or already has.

    Many smaller BoEs don't have the budget immediately available before April to replace an ALT ( they do cost a bit of cash ), so ya....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

  11. #71

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Wow really? You can request an immediate alternate til December but need to request an early departure by beginning of October? How does that make sense... maybe we won't be getting that early departure after all if the alternate thing doesn't work out...

  12. #72
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,379

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    In my day your father would have a fatal heart attack and you'd be back in school the next day sumimasening because your personal tragedy makes others feel uncomfortable. JETs today. No moral fiber.

  13. #73

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    ...what did my topic turn into?

  14. #74
    Looking for some chaw acpc2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,554

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    In my day your father would have a fatal heart attack and you'd be back in school the next day sumimasening because your personal tragedy makes others feel uncomfortable. JETs today. No moral fiber.
    Ah yes the good ol' days

  15. #75
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by firemarth View Post
    ...what did my topic turn into?
    Eh, you'll get used to it.

    Just the let wave wash over you and embrace it.

    But on the actual topic, let's hope we actually get in this time.

  16. #76
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,379

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Ha! If Japan wanted Puerto Ricans they'd just... Hm. Damn. Being from the west coast I've so fully ignored Puerto Rico that I can't think of a stereotype to finish my insult. Help a brother out?

  17. #77
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Ha! If Japan wanted Puerto Ricans they'd just... Hm. Damn. Being from the west coast I've so fully ignored Puerto Rico that I can't think of a stereotype to finish my insult. Help a brother out?


    Let's see, prideful, especially about PR (As in 'MURICAH doesn't hold a candle).

    Hot blooded. Attractive Latin lovers (ha! )

    Noisy loudmouths with a huge ego.

    Wannabe singers.

    Womanizers.


    Lazy, happy (psh , if only)

    People assume we are from either Spain or South America, so they tend to unnecessarily ask for passports. ( this caused quite a few lawsuits)

    oh and any south American stereotype when they can't tell we aren't from that area.


    Edit :

    Oh yeah, can't forget about the rum, so drunkards I guess?
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; December 18th, 2015 at 00:26.

  18. #78
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,379

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Damn. Sounds like a JET.

  19. #79
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: So who here's going for the second (or more) attempt this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Damn. Sounds like a JET.
    Which is why I should be a perfect fit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •