Thread: Visa Application Payment

Default Visa Application Payment

I have a question about visa applications. Do you know if you are required to pay the fee if your application is denied? I know every time I've renewed my visa the postcard highlighted how much to bring for the visa but what if your request was denied? Would they still send the same postcard requiring you to show up and pay for just the process even though you're getting nothing?

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Visa Application Payment

They should still send you the postcard as you need to know if you'Re accepted or declined, but it would seem odd that they would require payment if the application didn'T go through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Thanks for the reply. I'd find it odd too if they'd require it. But the postcard doesn't actually say approved or not, it just says to show up to learn the result. I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't bother with all that if there was no actual visa to receive but it wouldn't be the first time I've had my time wasted by pointless bureaucracy in Japan. Thus my question.

Sorry is it just me, but I feel like I've never paid for my visas or visa applications when coming to Japan for both my student visa and my working visa.

I'm Australian, do we have some kind of agreement? My missus needs to pay a shit load for her student visa in Australia though....

you pay for visa renewals/change of status.

I cant imagine you would have to pay for a rejected application
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Well then TIL.