Thread: Five years since 3/11

Default Five years since 3/11

Hey folks, just curious.

What, if anything, is your school doing for 3.11 today? Moment of silence at 1446? School assembly with a disaster safety lecture or a presentation on an affected area?

If you want, include the rough geographic area or prefecture - I kinda want to know what schools will do for 3.11 in western Japan.

My school is having a morning assembly and disaster safety lecture followed by a presentation about disaster recovery efforts affecting the town. Tomorrow is graduation, so they'll all leaving school around 2:30 today. The staff is having a meeting/announcement for a the moment of silence at 2:45.

Default Re: Five years since 3/11

Nothing as far as I know. All students are out on a career fair field trip. Kyushu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Staff standing around for silence, students aren't here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I'm not sure the exact details since I'm absent today, but if it's anything like previous years we'll have an assembly in the gym in the afternoon where students sing a song about togetherness and moving on from the disaster (it was the winning song that came out of a competition post 3/11, I believe it was written by JHS kids). Then at 2:46pm there's a moment of silence.

Last year there was also a brief film that contained messages of thankfulness and hope from kids in Kobe, who formed a committee to cheer up Tohoku kids since we share earthquake disaster kizuna.
    Last edited by Ebi; March 11th, 2016 at 12:06.

We had graduation today and no one even mentioned it. Perhaps they'll say something later.

We had a minute of silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

We had grad prep today and no one mentioned it. The VP called everyone into the staffroom at like 2:40 so I thought for sure we'd do a moment of silence, but it was just a morning meeting part 2. Really surprised. The siren in our town went off at 2:46 though. Cool that some schools have safety events and stuff in its honor.

Looks like this ̺Ҥ5ǯޱǤ뤳ȡ - Yahoo! JAPAN is happening again
    /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\

We had a minute of silence.
    Last edited by Fantasylife; March 11th, 2016 at 17:44. Reason: auto correct wrote minute as "mini nuts"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    The only time I use the phone part of my phone is:
    When delivery people call me asking me where the fuck I am
    When school calls me and asks me where the fuck I am
    when I get lost and need to ask people to get me whereever the fuck I am.

Otherwise it NEVER gets used.

Me too. I arrived 4 months before the quake, took a break from work and started work in March, then the quake happened and my company (exports) shut down and I had broke my leg in the quake.

A month late but my school had graduation on the day so the day before we ate cold packet curry that is supposed to keep for years in the event of a disaster. Something to keep the events on the memories of my kids.

It was alright. Just the sensation of cold curry is not enjoyable, tasty though.