Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2016 Alternates Thread

Default Re: 2016 Alternates Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
    I just got upgraded! But now I have a problem! I have a position already, but the paperwork with just completed and I haven't moved over there yet! I don't want to turn down JET, but I feel obligated to take this job! Anyone want a job in Ube, Yamaguchi? It's actually a really good gig!
    CONGRATS FANG.!!!!! I'm glad one of us made it.

UPGRADED!!! I just got the call. Now I'm waiting on paperwork and my placement.

Quote Originally Posted by NatDoug View Post
    Yay! Congrats and welcome to the upgrade list! ^^ were you super excited to get the call?!

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NatDoug View Post
    Congrats! Shoot me a message if you get placed in Nago city, Okinawa, we just had a shortlister chicken out last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Very excited Fang. I only have until tomorrow to hand in my paperwork and the seminar is tomorrow as well. Talk about good timing.

Summer I definitely will. Hoping to get my placement soon.

In a bizarre twist of fate, I've just been upgraded! Equal parts excited and terrified, getting ready to uproot my life.

I got the call just as I was about to book a trip in February, timing could not have been more key.

Wow. That's a pretty late upgrade. Someone must have got the seasonal culture shox pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Wow. That's a pretty late upgrade. Someone must have got the seasonal culture shox pretty hard.
    A JET in Okinawa just fucked off a few weeks ago I think. But he was much older and didn't ever talk to the rest of us so I'm not entirely sure.
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Also, congrats!! I was a December upgrade myself, so if you have any questions, as Virgil put it, about "setting your life on fire before boarding a plane" feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by zakharych View Post
    In a bizarre twist of fate, I've just been upgraded! Equal parts excited and terrified, getting ready to uproot my life.

I got the call just as I was about to book a trip in February, timing could not have been more key.
    congrats! i recommend you read as much as possible on this forum and it should prepare you somewhat for the JET experience

also, join in and post more!
    It could happen. 1/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Frap View Post
    congrats! i recommend you read as much as possible on this forum and it should prepare you somewhat for the JET experience

also, join in and post more!
    Thank you! And yes, I believe i will have to read more as my life had made a sudden change from maintaining a cool yet reasonable distance from all things JET to oh my god this is actually happening.
    Last edited by zakharych; November 10th, 2016 at 14:08.

Add me to that upgrade list and heading there next month!

Call came out out of nowhere and couldn't say no in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    well now I feel bad....
    And now we just wait for the world to end...

nice, congrats!

3 posts until your next badge FYI x
    It could happen. 1/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Solo View Post
    Add me to that upgrade list and heading there next month!

Call came out out of nowhere and couldn't say no in the end
    Congratulations!! Let me know if you want any advice about late upgrades and settling in!

Thanks guys!

And Oats, I think I will! All I know so far is the day I leave and what prefecture I'm off to!