View Poll Results: What level will you test?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • N1

2 10.53%
  • N2

3 15.79%
  • N5

3 15.79%
  • N3

5 26.32%
  • N4

2 10.53%
  • I'm 12 and what is this?

4 21.05%

Thread: JLPT July 3rd, 2016

Default JLPT July 3rd, 2016

Registration is open so get your 5,500円 ready because it's time to test yourself.

Default Re: JLPT July 3rd, 2016

huh. the last time I considered this, it was as a credential to put on my JET application. It was too late to apply then, but now that I've gotten in maybe I should do it to test my N-go. :P
    Last edited by Frap; Today at 18:46. Reason: sucker

Hopefully putting down some cash and having the deadline ahead will motivate me to study.

edit: poo##op is the id I was given. bastards.
    Last edited by vaterross; April 5th, 2016 at 09:00.

I passed N1 in December. Sooo happy! Good luck to anyone trying it this year!

Quote Originally Posted by fryfry View Post
    huh. the last time I considered this, it was as a credential to put on my JET application. It was too late to apply then, but now that I've gotten in maybe I should do it to test my N-go. :P
    double huh. I was unaware that the July test isn't offered in the U.S. Apparently I'll have something to study for myself while in Japan. :]
    Last edited by Frap; Today at 18:46. Reason: sucker

Going for N3 in July (even though I should aim for N2) because I need that confidence booster. I'm pretty crap when it comes to standardized tests. Then, if all goes well, try N2 in December.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

No disrespect or anything, but are you guys taking the test for a sense of accomplishment, for possible jobs or just to have a better idea where you stack up against other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    No disrespect or anything, but are you guys taking the test for a sense of accomplishment, for possible jobs or just to have a better idea where you stack up against other people?
    For me, the main reason is assessment and to give a logical progression to how I study. I used to study haphazardly. If it helps me get an even better job in the future, all the better.

I'm taking it specifically for my grad school application. My top choice has a mandatory foreign language component. Plus, if I can somehow miraculously pass N2, that will widen my job prospects post JET.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    I'm taking the test for future jobs. I don't think the JLPT is a very good assessment of actual ability, but N2 is what many companies like to see so I figure I might as well have it on hand since I'll have to change jobs in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebi View Post
    I'm taking the test for future jobs. I don't think the JLPT is a very good assessment of actual ability, but N2 is what many companies like to see so I figure I might as well have it on hand since I'll have to change jobs in a year or two.
    Wurd.