Thread: Ready-made baby milk in Japan.... where??

Default Ready-made baby milk in Japan.... where??

Wife and kid in Japan now and they are trying to find ready made baby milk. Does anyone know where to get these? Tesco link below

Cow And Gate 2 Follow On Milk 200Ml Ready To Feed Liquid - Groceries - Tesco Groceries
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: Ready-made baby milk in Japan.... where??

Last I heard you couldn't. Something about the wording of the food hygiene law that defines infant formula as being powdered only.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Kid is essentially off milk now, and I never saw those.

cheers guys
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

How old is the wee one? When ours was real little we would use these little powder blocks when travelling. We'd still have to track down hot water, but that usually wasn't hard to do. The problem was, as he got older he just ate too much for them to be practical.

9 months now. Haven't seen the powder blocks before - but yea, he's a hungry baby. He's moving onto solids, but still has two or three bottles a day.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; April 21st, 2016 at 21:07.

Yeah, I'd probably just prepare a bottle before I go anywhere, and if I'm planning on being gone a long time preload a bottle with the correct amount of powdered formula and seek out hot water when I need it.

Saw this news story and remembered this thread, so I thought I'd post this update on the ready to drink baby formula situation in Japan.

https://www.japantoday.com/smartphon...-child-rearing

Pretty hilarious that they're allowing it because it will encourage men to help with child-care more. Because fuck doing something so that it would have been easier for women.

Nice one mothy