Thread: Pension lump-sum withdrawal application (UK former ALTs)

Default Pension lump-sum withdrawal application (UK former ALTs)

I'm applying for my lump-sum pension withdrawal and got a few questions. Btw some of these will refer to UK bank holders only perhaps:

I'm instructed to put my UK bank account number. Would this be just the basic number? Usually for international translations I needs to provide IBAN or SWIFT number.

My bank might not issue a bank verification stamp. Apparently I can provide accompanying documents to prove I'm the account holder. Is a printed bank statement OK?

How soon should I expect payment? How do I know if my application has been received and/or there are no issues? (there is no phone number, or email field on the form)

Anyway not really sure who to ask for help here, the UK JET office said they don't deal with it. The BOE in my prefecture were helpful but couldn't answer UK bank specific questions. Hopefully someone here can help Thanks

Default Re: Pension lump-sum withdrawal application (UK former ALTs)

1.) Dunno, but I just put the basic number.
    2.) Yes, that is fine.
    3.) 2-6 months. I applied in September and received mine the week before Christmas. Also, you probably won't hear anything until the money appears in your bank account and they send you a letter. You can probably use registered post with a tracking number if you want to see if it has been received.
    Last edited by Easy_money; August 29th, 2016 at 20:12.
    Ok, picture a mind.... Now flay that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by mothy
    You're the best thing to happen this year.