Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 2016 Applications: Placements Megathread

Default Re: 2016 Applications: Placements Megathread

kek

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasylife View Post
    Yeah, I've been thinking long and hard about this. I don't want to kill the new guy (girl's) excitement about coming here, but I don't want to hold back information the way my pred did. The one thing I do plan to do is keep my personal feelings about the situation out of my report, so no gripes about certain teachers, etc.

I think I'm going to take a don't ask, don't tell approach, for example, start by giving them only the facts about the placement (you'll be living here, working here, teaching these grades, etc.) but only give them additional information if they ask for it and be honest in my responses.

To to tell the truth I'm a little worried about who I get. I've been talking to one possible successor and she seems like a delicate little thing. She's scared about lesson planning and teaching on her own. She said she wouldn't know what to do. When I gave her bits of information about my placement (100% lesson planning on your own, little to no JTE support, extremely unmotivated, low level students) she said something of the equivalent that my placement would be her worse nightmare. I personally hope I get a guy because I think a guy would be able to rough it out more. The only reason I didn't end up being a flyjin is because my own high school was similar to the ones I'm teaching at.

Well, whoever I get, I just hope they aren't delicate. If you're fresh out of school with no real life experience, my placement will grow you up fast.
    It's stuff like this that makes me glad I've worked with difficult populations of people the past few years. After you've had to deal with the parents of mentally ill/challenged kids, you're pretty much prepared for anything. My only fear is that I'm not going to have enough work to keep me busy. Still, I'm a little concerned that I haven't heard from my predecessor. We've been told that Kobe has a record of incoming JETs this year and to be patient, but that still doesn't soothe my anxiety.
    Last edited by Phifo; July 6th, 2016 at 06:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Phifo View Post
    After you've had to deal with the parents of mentally ill/challenged kids, you're pretty much prepared for anything.
    Wait till you start dealing with parents who are mentally challenged themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    Wait till you start dealing with parents who are mentally challenged themselves.
    Oh, some of them definitely were. Not to mention parents who think their children are special snowflakes who are capable of no wrong. I feel like I applied for the right job in potentially dealing with obscene levels of bullshit.

Hey all, I have finally received my placement. I'm heading to Ashikita, Kumamoto in August. Does anyone have an overview of what the area is like? I'm still waiting to get accepted into the block group FB page.

Googld apocalyptic wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Googld apocalyptic wasteland.
    Lol... good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by NatDoug View Post
    Lol... good to know.
    Kumamoto city was crawling with prime trim when I briefly visited. If you like 'em trashy you'll be happy as a pig in shit.

Kumamoto city was crawling with prime trim when I briefly visited. If you like 'em trashy you'll be happy as a pig in shit.
    what did he mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    Which part?
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Shinobi View Post
    Which part?
    All of it

Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    Kumamoto city was full of trashy gyaru types when I visited.

Kumamoto city was full of trashy gyaru types when I visited.
    They are not my type as I am female. Won't be a problem for me.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Whatever floats your boat.

I know a couple of females that go for trashy girls. Sure you don't want them to give you some tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.