Thread: Interac Fall Placements Still Open?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Interac Fall Placements Still Open?

I had applied to Interac hoping for a fall departure in April, but my app is still being processed. I'm hoping that there are still fall departure slots left, but I'm not sure. I still have to wait the 3 weeks or so after my interview.

Anyone else who applied and is waiting for confirmation for a fall departure date?

Default Re: Interac Fall Placements Still Open?

Hi,

Have you received you offer of employment yet? They don't confirm arrival dates until July time but only once you've had your offer of employment come through.

Quote Originally Posted by CastleMilo View Post
    Hi,

Have you received you offer of employment yet? They don't confirm arrival dates until July time but only once you've had your offer of employment come through.
    No I haven't received an offer of employment yet. I'm still in the interviewing stage, so I know I still have 3-4 weeks to wait for an offer after this stage ends. I'm not expecting an offer until early July or later, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eibig View Post
    No I haven't received an offer of employment yet. I'm still in the interviewing stage, so I know I still have 3-4 weeks to wait for an offer after this stage ends. I'm not expecting an offer until early July or later, if at all.
    Oh I see. Have you had the interview yet? If not, do you know when your interview will be?

I was offered a place for Autumn departure, but that was back in March. I initially applied for a Spring departure but due to my current job having an unreasonable notice period I had to push it back to Autumn. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the interview (if you've not had it yet) or any other questions regarding the process in general.

Oh I see. Have you had the interview yet? If not, do you know when your interview will be?

I was offered a place for Autumn departure, but that was back in March. I initially applied for a Spring departure but due to my current job having an unreasonable notice period I had to push it back to Autumn. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the interview (if you've not had it yet) or any other questions regarding the process in general.
    Congratulations on getting a placement!

No, I am still waiting to do the first interview. Do you have any tips for the phone screening and the orientation/in-person interview?

Congratulations on getting a placement!

No, I am still waiting to do the first interview. Do you have any tips for the phone screening and the orientation/in-person interview?
    At this stage spring 2017 is more likely but they do have ALTs coming in all the way up until November 2016 (for Autumn) based on the timelines they've given so there is still a chance. I didn't actually have a phone interview, neither did the other people at my seminar. We were asked to come in for a seminar on relatively short notice. Again I think it was because they wanted to process me for a Spring departure initially.

Regarding the seminar/in-person interview, more than happy to give you some tips. Drop me a message and I can send that to you. Might take up too much space on the forum.

Was it easy to apply for spring and push it back to August? I'm interested in this because I want to go from JET to Interac. My contract ends in July, so thus, I don't actually want to start in spring and have to break contract with JET, but I want to know my interview result by early January (because of the JET recontracting deadline.)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelierlex View Post
    Was it easy to apply for spring and push it back to August?
    I applied for the Autumn intake, and pushed it back to spring for Visa and Financial reasons (would graduate in July and felt it was to pressed to get everything sorted in time). It was pretty easy and they were the ones at the interview to bring up the option of pushing back the contract. I know it is the opposite way from what you were asking (Spring to August whereas mine was August to Spring), but I hope an other experience is helpful.

If you still haven't had any interviews yet then you are most likely looking at departure next spring. As for phone interview tips, just relax and be yourself pretty much. If I remember correctly from when I was doing it last year then it was ridiculously easy, they are mostly just checking that you are indeed aware of what you are signing up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirica View Post
    If you still haven't had any interviews yet then you are most likely looking at departure next spring. As for phone interview tips, just relax and be yourself pretty much. If I remember correctly from when I was doing it last year then it was ridiculously easy, they are mostly just checking that you are indeed aware of what you are signing up for.
    That's meh to hear. I wonder if there's a small chance at fall departure this late. Thanks for the tips on the phone interview!

At this stage spring 2017 is more likely but they do have ALTs coming in all the way up until November 2016 (for Autumn) based on the timelines they've given so there is still a chance. I didn't actually have a phone interview, neither did the other people at my seminar. We were asked to come in for a seminar on relatively short notice. Again I think it was because they wanted to process me for a Spring departure initially.

Regarding the seminar/in-person interview, more than happy to give you some tips. Drop me a message and I can send that to you. Might take up too much space on the forum.
    What time of year did you initially start applying to Interac? Like a month or two before March (when Spring departure is I think)? I'm wondering if a month lead time is enough if that's what you had.

That's meh to hear. I wonder if there's a small chance at fall departure this late. Thanks for the tips on the phone interview!

What time of year did you initially start applying to Interac? Like a month or two before March (when Spring departure is I think)? I'm wondering if a month lead time is enough if that's what you had.
    Registered and applied last week of January. Heard back a week later. Had interview/seminar first week of February in London. Heard back about a month later with offer of employment for Autumn 2016.

They sent detailed 'offer of employment' paperwork in May. Currently in the placement phase and waiting for them to send Certificate of Eligibility to immigration. They have confirmed I will arrive in Japan in August but yet to be told exact date.

I interviewed in April hoping for a Autumn 2016 (from UK) placement, no phone interview and seminar at short notice (my initial one actually got cancelled and then re-organised). They got back to me 11 days after I applied offering me an interview. Got a Spring 2017 offer of employment and I actually see it as a blessing in disguise as I don't graduate until late June and it would just be to much of a rush to get my visa in that short space of time (I know it can be done) and leaving later means I can save more money.

My interview was extremely relaxed (Edinburgh interview in case anyone in Scotland comes across this post :P) and the interviewer was really nice and informative, there was no sugar coating or glossing over what life would be like that I have come previously and it left me with a much better impression of Interac than I had initially. We had the usual spelling and grammar test, I filmed my lesson before hand so there was no need for me to do it on the day, another Q&A sheet which we all filled out while chatting to each other and then a short 1-to-1 which was essentially checking you were a nice enough person and fit the job.

Good luck with the process and perhaps I will see you in Spring!!
    Last edited by raxel; June 21st, 2016 at 00:53.

Quote Originally Posted by raxel View Post
    I interviewed in April hoping for a Autumn 2016 (from UK) placement, no phone interview and seminar at short notice (my initial one actually got cancelled and then re-organised). They got back to me 11 days after I applied offering me an interview. Got a Spring 2017 offer of employment and I actually see it as a blessing in disguise as I don't graduate until late June and it would just be to much of a rush to get my visa in that short space of time (I know it can be done) and leaving later means I can save more money.

My interview was extremely relaxed (Edinburgh interview in case anyone in Scotland comes across this post :P) and the interviewer was really nice and informative, there was no sugar coating or glossing over what life would be like that I have come previously and it left me with a much better impression of Interac than I had initially. We had the usual spelling and grammar test, I filmed my lesson before hand so there was no need for me to do it on the day, another Q&A sheet which we all filled out while chatting to each other and then a short 1-to-1 which was essentially checking you were a nice enough person and fit the job.

Good luck with the process and perhaps I will see you in Spring!!
    Awesome! I'm still waiting to hear back. The chances of regular August departure are zilch now, and I feel like alternate positions will be scarce since a lot of people get that too. If I get a Spring 2017 departure I'll look forward to seeing you maybe!
    Registered and applied last week of January. Heard back a week later. Had interview/seminar first week of February in London. Heard back about a month later with offer of employment for Autumn 2016.

They sent detailed 'offer of employment' paperwork in May. Currently in the placement phase and waiting for them to send Certificate of Eligibility to immigration. They have confirmed I will arrive in Japan in August but yet to be told exact date.
    Hm, from the way the timeline is laid out on the website, I was thinking that any initial applications received by May/June would get considered for August, but I guess not.
    Last edited by Eibig; July 23rd, 2016 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelierlex View Post
    Was it easy to apply for spring and push it back to August? I'm interested in this because I want to go from JET to Interac. My contract ends in July, so thus, I don't actually want to start in spring and have to break contract with JET, but I want to know my interview result by early January (because of the JET recontracting deadline.)
    JET to Interac? That's some seriously lofty career goals you got goin' on there!