Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up a new apartment in Nagahama

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Default Re: Setting up a new apartment in Nagahama

Quote Originally Posted by Torinn88 View Post
    Fortunately, Amazon Japan does have some English features, but I'm not sure where the button is on the page.
    You mean this?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/...8&node=1094656

Quote Originally Posted by JPNLKatie View Post
    My supervisor told me that there will be options for me to rent a fridge, microwave, washing machine, dryer, and air conditioner. I'm not sure if I'm renting it from them or a service in the area.

They told me I have to purchase my futon and rice cooker myself. So I'm pretty much paying for all of my furniture. But I'm glad I at least have the option to rent the bigger ticket items. I especially didn't want to have to buy a new aircon. If I had to, I'd probably just do without and die of heatstroke in my apartment. ha.

I've asked my "pred" if he has anything for sale, but I haven't heard back from him in a few days. I'm hoping he replies soon. I would much rather buy a new bed set, but I really need to make sure I have some bedding when I arrive. I don't think sleeping on the hard floor without any blankets will be much fun. I also don't want to be forced to go out and buy an overpriced futon set at a local store. Speaking of which, would I be able to carry the futon home myself, or would I need to get the store to deliver it for me?
    If they're not providing the futon, it's very likely that your supervisor/principal/whoever from your school would go shopping with you the day you arrive to get the essentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    I really hope Japan doesn't turn me into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    If they're not providing the futon, it's very likely that your supervisor/principal/whoever from your school would go shopping with you the day you arrive to get the essentials.
    My supervisor did tell me to ask my "pred" for his futon, but as I said, I haven't heard back from him in awhile. Besides, I really don't want a used futon if new ones are so cheap. That way I don't have to worry about gross mystery stains.

Anyway, my supervisor said they would "hold" anything I bought from my pred, so I wonder if they would allow me to ship a futon to them and they can hold it for me until I get there?
    Last edited by JPNLKatie; June 22nd, 2016 at 01:59.

Quote Originally Posted by JPNLKatie View Post
    mystery stains.
    /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\