Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Unlocked Iphone with Sim card in Japan

Default Re: Using Unlocked Iphone with Sim card in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    depends if you will need/want to tether your laptop and/or tablet. if you can use the school internet while at work 6gb is probably enough. if you are sharing it accross multiple devices on a regular basis you'll probably want 10
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking. My school pred told me that the school doesn't have wifi, so I'll need to use my phone to tether to my kindle and 3ds. I'll also probably be doing a lot of tethering to my laptop during the first month while I'm waiting to get my apartment internet set up.

Alright, 10gb plan it is. It's only $10 a month extra anyway.

Why would you be using a kindle or 3ds at work?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Why would you be using a kindle or 3ds at work?
    no, I meant at home. Even when I get my internet for my apartment set up, it will most likely only work through lan cable (unless I buy and set up a wireless router), and I need a way to connect my kindle and 3ds to the internet in order to download more books/games. The 3ds and kindle don't have Ethernet ports so being able to use my phone's tethering function will solve that issue.

Jiggit - Japanese Study
    Last edited by Frap; March 6th, 2017 at 13:44.

depends if you will need/want to tether your laptop and/or tablet. if you can use the school internet while at work 6gb is probably enough. if you are sharing it accross multiple devices on a regular basis you'll probably want 10
    Amen. I didn't get access to the Internet at my schools, and I burned through a lot of data doing my work.

Quote Originally Posted by JPNLKatie View Post
    no, I meant at home. Even when I get my internet for my apartment set up, it will most likely only work through lan cable (unless I buy and set up a wireless router), and I need a way to connect my kindle and 3ds to the internet in order to download more books/games. The 3ds and kindle don't have Ethernet ports so being able to use my phone's tethering function will solve that issue.
    Yeah, but if your ISP's modem doesn't come WiFi ready, you can buy a router for less that $50 CAD. It's pretty easy to set up.
    Last edited by johnny; August 2nd, 2016 at 16:45.
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.