Thread: Advice about work after JET

Default Advice about work after JET

Hi,

I'm a 3rd year about to move out of the JET program (my contract finishes after 3 years). Due to a number of things I don't want to go into here I didn't line up work for myself. Where can I look for work easily? I've been trying Gaijinpot and asking my friends in Japan if they have work open (which some do and I'm pursuing.)

Any other ways to secure work here? I'm mainly after ALT work or Entry level work. I can provide you with my skills and experience if you need it.

Thanks

Default Re: Advice about work after JET

Now isn't the best time to be looking for work, but keep doing what you're doing and something might pop-up when a disillusioned japanophile flees the country. In the meantime, consider eikaiwa or a different country where your "skills" are more valued.

Cheers mate, I was tempted to hitch a ride to Korea and work there for a year (no idea about applying so far but once I have more free time I'll get around to checking in). I'll write in if I need more advice. Thanks

Where are you now? Where do you want to work? What salary are you looking for? What working hours do you want? If you just want " a job" then drop interac a line and say you are willing to relocate anywhere and you'll have an offer within a few days. If you want something in a specific area and want to earn more than a pitance then it'll take a bit more effort.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Quote Originally Posted by lenzman View Post
    Hi,

I'm a 3rd year about to move out of the JET program (my contract finishes after 3 years). Due to a number of things I don't want to go into here I didn't line up work for myself. Where can I look for work easily? I've been trying Gaijinpot and asking my friends in Japan if they have work open (which some do and I'm pursuing.)

Any other ways to secure work here? I'm mainly after ALT work or Entry level work. I can provide you with my skills and experience if you need it.

Thanks
    Do you really want to become one of the wretched creatures you pitied whilst on JET?

Unless you are confident of quickly getting something much better than dispatch ALT or Eikawa work, take the free plane ride home.
    Last edited by mrcharisma; May 9th, 2016 at 08:20.

Banned

How do I start teaching at a Japanese university?

I want to do JET then work at a university teaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have a masters degree in a relevant subject and make some contacts as a lot of the time they dont really advertise those jobs too aggressively.

or just apply to westgate......
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    have a masters degree in a relevant subject and make some contacts as a lot of the time they dont really advertise those jobs too aggressively.

or just apply to westgate......
    What kind of contacts do you suggest I try and make? Through high schools or universities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk