Thread: Seeking feedback on personal statement draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Seeking feedback on personal statement draft

Hello all

I have been preparing my paperwork for this year's application process. All my references and education certificates have been dealt with so I have now begun work on my personal statement.

I am about halfway done now. The section that covers teaching ability/experience has yet to be added because I am planning to undertake some voluntary work at a school this September. Therefore I will wait as that work experience will greatly enhance what I can say.

If anyone can offer any constructive advice then I would be ever so grateful.

I originally posted it here but did not realise this was unadvisable. If anyone is willing to give feedback, let me know and I can PM you!
    Last edited by lmct1992; August 30th, 2016 at 11:05.

Default Re: Seeking feedback on personal statement draft

Tone down a bit of the "why Japan" stuff, you've went a bit overboard. Focus on why you can do the job itself, and pepper the green tea 'n' onsens chat in snippets throughout.

Hey LMCT, just so you know, this is a very public place to just put your personal statement on show.

Perhaps you should send it via PM to those who have offered to critique it instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

Sorry about the earlier mistake of posting it. If anyone can give advice, let me know and I will PM you!

No worries! You just never know who's lurking around. You wouldn't want someone to just copy and paste your personal statement and use it as their own, eh?

The Embassy might be a little confused if they came across two identical personal statements!
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

Ahhh the good ole check my statement threads...
    Not sure how I feel about them. Why don't you just ask an intelligent friend/ coworker to have a look over it (might be an idea to give them an overview of what JET is too) and make sure you don't sound completely inept?
    /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\ /\\//\/\