Thread: Proof of Study Abroad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Proof of Study Abroad?

Quick question (hopefully a setup for a quick answer!).

I've applied to JET in the past and believe I remember seeing a request for proof of any previous study abroad experiences. I've indicated some in my application, and have proof, but I don't see it listed in the application checklist, nor is it one of the options for uploaded documents at the end of the online application. Has this requirement been dropped, or am I looking in the wrong places? I'd like to include something even if it's optional.

Thanks!

Default Re: Proof of Study Abroad?

If it's not on the application then you don't have to provide it. When I applied, it was only necessary if it was not listed specifically on the official transcript along with grades.

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    If it's not on the application then you don't have to provide it. When I applied, it was only necessary if it was not listed specifically on the official transcript along with grades.
    I have one from a summer in high school that did not transfer directly into credit, and another in college for which the classes appear on my transcript, but they don't actually indicate the location (since classes technically applied directly to my school rather than being transfer credits). So right now there isn't proof I was overseas on any transcript.

Does you/anyone know how or if evidence is supposed to be submitted this year? If it really isn't required anymore, I guess I just want to confirm that's the case.

EDIT -- I found it! The requirement isn't listed in the Application Guidelines PDF, nor in the online documents submission page, but it is included in the Mail Application instructions on the application portal. So it looks like I'll be sending photocopies along with my paper application. Apologies for not searching a bit harder beforehand. This topic can be closed.
    Last edited by Cipher; November 11th, 2016 at 15:51.

Glad you found it. Sometimes these things change year to year and even vary country to country.

In my situation, my study abroad credits were probably listed similarly to yours (directly translated to credits, but with a footnote saying they were from study abroad.) But as mine listed location, I was fine.