Thread: 'Home town' confusion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 'Home town' confusion

Hey all.

Just nearing the end of the application process and I have all the paperwork in hand to send. However, I have noticed something that may be a potential issue.

The form asked me for both my 'Home Town' and 'Home County'. I thought nothing of this, simply putting down my current town and county as they are what I would define as my 'home'.

As I came to sign the release forms, I noticed it asked me to write my birth town, province and country.

I am worried that, perhaps, the application for was actually asking for my birth town and county. I also happened to be born in France though I was naturalised British (I hold no French citizenship nor have the right to it).

Would having a different town between the application and release form be an problem?

Sorry if this seems paranoid! So much time and effort has gone into this application so I'm determined not to stumble at the final hurdle!

Thank you!

Default Re: 'Home town' confusion

I didn't have a distinction like that on my application, but I'm fairly sure they want where you are now and your current citizenship for home town/country. I'm not 100% sure though. Don't know why that wouldn't be covered under your current address.... The only thing close to that on mine that I remember is a question where they ask what town and state do you feel most comfortable representing.

Quote Originally Posted by tamama View Post
    I didn't have a distinction like that on my application, but I'm fairly sure they want where you are now and your current citizenship for home town/country. I'm not 100% sure though. Don't know why that wouldn't be covered under your current address.... The only thing close to that on mine that I remember is a question where they ask what town and state do you feel most comfortable representing.
    Thank you! I might just be over thinking it!

When I applied, it was explained (on the old JET forums IIRC) that "hometown" was the town you felt most comfortable representing (aka when people ask you "Where are you from?" you'd reply "My hometown is X." etc.) And at the interview I was asked why I had listed a different town from my birthplace as my hometown (explaining that I hadn't lived there for over 10 years at that point.)

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    When I applied, it was explained (on the old JET forums IIRC) that "hometown" was the town you felt most comfortable representing (aka when people ask you "Where are you from?" you'd reply "My hometown is X." etc.) And at the interview I was asked why I had listed a different town from my birthplace as my hometown (explaining that I hadn't lived there for over 10 years at that point.)
    Thank you!

Called them today and, yes, they are NOT the Same thing! Thank you both. Sorry to seem paranoid!