Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Interview 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Singapore Interview 2017

Good morning!
    Wanted to try my luck here to see if I will get replies, but is there anyone from Singapore who have received notifications for the interview?

Default Re: Singapore Interview 2017

Hi fellow Singaporean! Finally received confirmation today around 5pm!! All the best to you

Hi fellow Singaporeans! I received my interview confirmation earlier this week too. All the best! Is anyone interviewing on the 19th too?

My interview is on the 23rd (wonder if it's because I submitted my application package on the deadline itself... ahaha) Could I ask, when you replied to confirm your interview attendance, there was no further reply/confirmation of confirmation right? Haha, sorry, super paranoid here :')

Haha mine was a bit different - was originally scheduled for 23rd and I hadn't replied when Tina called me the next day to reschedule to the 19th. When I replied her email to say I could make it though, she did reply to confirm. Perhaps you could give her a call to check if your email got through?

Quote Originally Posted by marchsmiles View Post
    Haha mine was a bit different - was originally scheduled for 23rd and I hadn't replied when Tina called me the next day to reschedule to the 19th. When I replied her email to say I could make it though, she did reply to confirm. Perhaps you could give her a call to check if your email got through?
    Ah, coolcool will take that advice! Hope you have a great interview on the 19th!

Thank you and you too! All the best!

Hello. Sorry I'm late to the party. I'm also a Singaporean going for the interview on the 23rd.
    To those who already finished their interview, how was it?
    Also, is there any aspiring CIRs here?

Hi! Anybody applied to go in April? I did and I'm a bit panicky now in case I get selected. lol. Also, does anybody have any idea if accommodation costs will be provided or do we have to bear that on our own? The guide says we have to bear it but some threads seem to imply that some stipend was given to them.

Quote Originally Posted by tstar View Post
    does anybody have any idea if accommodation costs will be provided or do we have to bear that on our own? The guide says we have to bear it but some threads seem to imply that some stipend was given to them.
    That depends on where you go - each contracting organization will do things slightly differently when it comes to accommodation. Some will set you up with a realtor, advice, and maybe a small stipend (new organizations, especially in Tokyo have done this while some have a place and furnishings from previous ALTs and all you need to do is pay rent and buy any furniture you want/need that isn't included, and the rarest situation is that you get a fully furnished apartment rent free included in your benefits. Unfortunately until you know where you're going and the organization contacts you, you won't know for sure.

Hi! Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Not yet for me!

Hey everyone, results seem to be trickling for people in the UK etc, best of luck for everyone here!

Hello! I got onto the final short-list, would like to get to know others who were shortlisted as well!

Quote Originally Posted by tstar View Post
    Hello! I got onto the final short-list, would like to get to know others who were shortlisted as well!
    Hey, congrats! I've also been shortlisted and I still can't believe it?? The fact that I'm still struggling to complete my final year thesis is probably a factor (gonna celebrate so much after I'm done with this!!) Are you a student as well? How did your interview go (& were we at the same interview by any chance -- I remember talking to a cool pair of siblings who were applying together)?

Congratulations! You're so young! I'm 30, haha, have been working a while I went on a Monday and was crazy late. I'm surprised I got in, just looking at how late I was.

im short listed too! anybody taking japanese language classes? wanna brush up

hi, sorry if this is a redundant question, but I can't seem to find my "JET number" which is needed for filling out the jet accident insurance form which we have to submit to the embassy -- does anyone know how to access it? i also don't remember being given a candidate number during any stage of the application (i searched through all the official emails i got from JET), wonder if it is a singaporean thing, or just me? thanks!

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imfine View Post
    hi, sorry if this is a redundant question, but I can't seem to find my "JET number" which is needed for filling out the jet accident insurance form which we have to submit to the embassy -- does anyone know how to access it? i also don't remember being given a candidate number during any stage of the application (i searched through all the official emails i got from JET), wonder if it is a singaporean thing, or just me? thanks!
    You usually get your jet number once you arrive as the insurance forms are filled by your boe on your behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    You usually get your jet number once you arrive as the insurance forms are filled by your boe on your behalf.
    Hi, thank you for responding we are required to submit the form to the embassy by june 2 though, so i'm wondering what to write. I've checked the official website and it seems that the jet number is standard for everyone with the year of application being the only numbers that change (comparing it with the sample pdf they emailed me). I guess i will just follow the number stated on the sample just to fill up that section for now haha