Thread: Credit cards

Default Credit cards

Anyone had luck applying for a Japanese Amazon card? I have the US version and am thinking of applying for the Japanese one so I can more easily blow my money there.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Credit cards

I got a rakuten card in my forth year without any trouble and heard of people getting it in their first recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Goddam got rejected from the lot, maybe better luck next time.

you're a flight risk
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

yup they know.

even rakuten tho?

for shame
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

I have a great credit score in the US too, maybe living in government housing makes them wary.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I have a horrendous credit score in canada and they gave me the card. Was also living in government housing when the card was issued. I suspect you fucked up something in the application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I hope so

My Japanese credit card doesn't show on any of my US credit reports - none of them even reported a "hard check."

Japanese companies dont care about your filthy foreign credit score. keep plenty of money in your bank account and spend lots of money on rakuten and pretty soon they will be sending you emails every other day offering you cards.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I did buy a bunch of crap off amazon, I'm going to try again for both though. Hopefully I fucked something up.

Japan and Canada / America use different credit reporting agencies. Credit Reporting Agencies are actually private run companies and have federal restrictions preventing selling or distributing information across countries. Your credit score in another country will have no effect on your Japanese credit score. However, that's only how it works right now. It's hard to say how that will work in the future. Also if you are applying for a credit card directly from a company i.e. directly from VISA as opposed to from a bank that provides Visa cards, the private company will have access to your credit score from another country and that might weight on your application. However, if you are applying from a bank here in Japan your credit score from a different country shouldn't show up because they are applying for a credit number that has no credit reported to them from your account information.

I managed to get an ANA credit card my first time applying after having a frequent flyer account with them for 2 years. Maybe try an airline if you have a membership with them. This was after I got rejected from Rakuten and Aeon.