Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regards to Mental Condition on the Application

Default Re: Regards to Mental Condition on the Application

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    If you fell into a massive depression moving within your own country what do you think is going to happen if you move to the other side of the world? Is JET really the best thing for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Hi Protestah, I feel like I can really speak to your position, I felt much the same way before coming here. Just so you know, I would bet money you're going to end up depressed in Japan too. Have fun!
    word

You guys basically said what I said but tried to act like you're better now even though you haven't actually fixed any of your problems yet.

Oh and if you think I'm being mean for the sake of it: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-t-tell-anyone
    Good article. Relevant to me. I don't talk to people about the sh*t I want. Barely mentioned my application to JET at all, and when I did, downplayed the f*ck out of it. I don't currently talk to anyone except MG about my long-term goals and plans, and even then, there's sh*t I keep to myself (she probably isn't particularly interested in hearing about how much I wanna **** * ****** ******* ** *** ****** *** ***** *** *********** **** ***** ***** ** *********).
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

A girl with emotional problems came to Japan five years ago. She stayed here all five years while dealing with her issues.

And then a month and a half ago committed suicide.

Your problems aren't going to go away on their own, and Japan has a famous lack of mental health services.

That was so terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

And yet here I am 10 years later, still resisting the Keihin Tohoku's siren call. ESID!

A girl with emotional problems came to Japan five years ago. She stayed here all five years while dealing with her issues.

And then a month and a half ago committed suicide.

Your problems aren't going to go away on their own, and Japan has a famous lack of mental health services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    That was so terrible.
    Weird; I wonder if I knew her.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    And yet here I am 10 years later, still resisting the Keihin Tohoku's siren call. ESID!
    Yeah, but be honest; there's probably at least one day that you came close but decided not to because you remembered that half a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen counter and couldn't bear the thought of someone you hated getting to drink it.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post

Yeah, but be honest; there's probably at least one day that you came close but decided not to because you remembered that half a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen counter and couldn't bear the thought of someone you hated getting to drink it.
    Ya but if you've cleaned out a dead person's house before, (or nearly dead) you'd realize it doesn't matter what is left behind. it"s all garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post

They announced her death on via email nationwide to all JET participants... real tactful.

ohhh i remember that email

did you see her facebook though? i mean... the warning signs were there
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frap View Post
    ohhh i remember that email

did you see her facebook though? i mean... the warning signs were there
    Yeah, she had a bunch of posts about depression and suicide in the weeks leading up. (I didn't know her, I only saw this after the fact)
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

What prefecture or vague region if you don't mind me being ghoulish? I knew a few Jets that were on the brink when I left a couple of years ago but I don't do Facebook.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    What prefecture or vague region if you don't mind me being ghoulish? I knew a few Jets that were on the brink when I left a couple of years ago but I don't do Facebook.
    Well, every JET received the email, so I assume it's okay to tell you. It's Kumamoto.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    Ya but if you've cleaned out a dead person's house before, (or nearly dead) you'd realize it doesn't matter what is left behind. it"s all garbage.
    True enough. When MG and I moved into our old farmhouse, we were startled at all the crap left behind. I think we've both since promised to not have so much stuff, and that what stuff we do have should just be thrown into a dumpster somewhere when we kick off. I hang on to the occasional old pictures and keepsakes and sh*t but f*ck if they're actually anything that anyone else in their right mind would want.

Quote Originally Posted by OatsCurrySummer View Post
    It's Kumamoto.
    Hmm, I guess not.